BEHIND THE DO-335...... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
A nice photo of a Pheil under construction/being repaired but what aircraft is behind it?

do.335.jpeg

My first thought was a Siebel Fh 104 but I like the above suggestion, though I don't know what a French plane would be doing next to a Do335. in what looks like a factory.

I thought Siebel as well but I believe Graeme nailed it (with a good story as well). Normally when I find a photo with no caption I do a reverse image search but failed to do this. Just finished doing it with very few hits but the hits were in French. There was no info on the pic itself but the French did have a "captured" -335 and if you look closely at the rear of the aircraft, behind the canopy, you can see a roundel

Hello,

On 8 August 1945, Do 335 M14 piloted by French pilot Col. Badré crashed during landing. The plane was then transported to Surennes, near Paris, into the SNCASO factory. The airplane behind the Do 335 M14 is well an SO 90.
Look at the angular windshield and to the canopy with side bulges which were remarkable points of the Do 335 M14. The two MK 103 wing guns have been taken apart. The extensive repair took almost nine months.

Spielmann

Users who are viewing this thread

Back