Best Aircraft in Many Different Roles Part II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

well it does make bringing your ack ack guns to bear a tad more difficult at Taranto one actually dipped his wheels in the water and nearly went arse over tit.
I just found another use for the Stringbag motorbike transporter.

Attachments

• swordfish_with_bike_161.jpg
    swordfish_with_bike_161.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 630
trackend said:
No one believes me when I tell them how versatile they where Fly :) they where also used as personel transport (4 passangers) bit of a squeeze though

Oh I agree, and them being so slow but yet so successful is what amazes me! :shock:

cheddar cheese said:
Surely riding the bike to the target would be faster than flying the plane? ;)
Well you may mock young Cheesy trouble is your not far wrong :) heres a tail from the North African campaign.

Attachments

• egyption_campaign_126.jpg
    egyption_campaign_126.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 595
the lancaster kicks ass said:
:lol:

but she could take a huge payload given she had only 730HP to her name........
The supercharged Peggy Mk30 was rated at 775hp at 2200 revs
and her carrying capacity was down to 607sq ft of wing area which is more than a Dornier 17Z

My God :shock: I never noticed that Cheesy :lol: although there is a case where the upper wing was nearly all shot off of a Stringbag and it flew back to base OK and another that upon returning to the Carrier a aircraft fitter put his hand inside a hole that been blown in the lower wing and pulled out a foot of main spar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back