I thouroughly agree with 'The Eagle'... the Hurricane did indeed play a big part initially against the Luftwaffe bombers during the BoB...I just wish they had .50's or 20mm's, as the .303's they 'rained-on' the bombers weren't as effective...One of our NZ pilots during the BoB, Crawford-Compton, used to specifically aim for the [I think] starboard engine, which controlled their aircraft power controls, and that eliminated their chances of escaping...
But 'Eagle' also agrees that the 262's were the 'Best Bomber-killer'....- I feel this was an established fact by War's end, their speed an undeniably contributive factor, as well as the slower-firing MK108 30mm cannons which at that speed allowed just enough time to lob a few heavy-duty rounds at the bombers in passing...
Interestingly though, if the War had continued on for abit, their days would've been numbered anyway, as the RAF 616 Sqn [I think] with Meteors, would've nullified their Air Superiority......