Best Bomber of WW2 -- #3

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's true though, it's really annoying me people saying it all depends on mission profile or circumstances, you've said you think the lanc's second, don't go and say but any of the planes could be second depending on........ i mean if the mission profile required a bomb 33 ft long to be carried the lanc would be the best bomber, if an un-pressurised plane with a crew of over 10 then the B-17 would be the best, we're trying to compile a generic list here, just make a list!

Exactly. If the profile called for a 2 seat open canopy biplane for a long range grand slam dropping then the Tiger Moth is best ;)

Its which plane is more adaptive to any singular role at any one time, IMO.

well i argee that the lanc could carry massive loads but it was very vulnerable bcause it didnt had a belly turret (bottom) and the germans pilots took out a lot of lanc bcause they got a great shot at the bottom of the belly

so i think it isnt the lancaster,

i think ill go for the heinkel he 111 h3

Attachments

• nederland_862.jpg
    nederland_862.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 284
  • he111-3_722.jpg
    he111-3_722.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 289
crowdpleaser said:
well i argee that the lanc could carry massive loads but it was very vulnerable bcause it didnt had a belly turret (bottom) and the germans pilots took out a lot of lanc bcause they got a great shot at the bottom of the belly

so i think it isnt the lancaster,

i think ill go for the heinkel he 111 h3

You are kidding right? The He-111 as 2nd best and better than the Lancaster, B-17 and B-24? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The He-111 was not even a heavy bomber, while she could do many versatile things, she was more vulnerable than the Lancaster. The Ju-88 was a much better bomber than the He-111 and it is not even 2nd best.

the lancaster kicks ass said:
so we're agreed on this so far-

1) B-29
2) Lancaster

??

right then, let the arguments for 3rd place begin!

Not so fast, im still undecided on #2. Im still not convinced from your arguments that the Lancaster could have successfully served in the PTO like the B24 did.

The Hallifax was almost as good as the Lancaster so it has to be ahead of the B-17 and B-24.

Why no He177 in the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back