Best Bomber of WW2 (continued)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sometimes feel guys that threads go a bit off course more through Passion about our favourite aircraft or subject than anything else. I am as much to blame as anyone else, why we pick on certain planes as our personel choice perhaps would make an interesting thread finding out what makes use feel this way about particular aircraft.
Regarding the two aircraft in question I think the B29 probably was a better plane but as its introduction was towards the latter part of the war (I think April 1944) the Lancaster and the B17 played far more significant roles in the conflict and of these two I think the Lanc probably carried a bigger payload overall to the enemy which at the end of the day is what a bomber is supposed to do.
As far as which could carry what between the B29 the Lanc I'll leave that to you guys to sort out.
Can I just ask you to be nice as it does tend to detract from ( for me) an interesting topic and I would like to learn more. As it stands I already know all the insults available in the English language (and a few I've invented myself) and that includes Les's colourful turn of phrase's (well almost all of Les's ) ;)
Cheers fellas.
Uncle Lee

hey hey hey, when did this turn into lanc Vs. B-29?? i never turned this into a lanc Vs. B-29 contest, in actual fact i have in the past admitted that the B-29 is a better bomber than the lancaster, however as you all seem to be so quick to judge to judge me when you know nothing of my posting history, you assume that i automatically think the lanc was the best thing since sliced bread, i know this is not the case and that the B-29 was a better bomber, get my full opinion before you judge me like that.......

I don't judge you, lanc. I think your knowledge on the Lancaster is quite remarkable [and certainly unbias as the Lancaster was an amazing machine] but...

...I still hate you. :thumbleft:

We can al agree that as Tracked said the two bombers were almost in two different wars. The B-29 was never in europe so, we have a hard time to compaire the two, I think. ;)

the way i see it is, technically the B-29 was the best bomber of the war, the lancaster however achieved more, was the best in Europe and the best by night.......

Another way to look at it is to say that the Lanc was the best of its generation and the B29 the first of the next Generation. In many ways technically it was that kind of leap

Glider said:
Another way to look at it is to say that the Lanc was the best of its generation and the B29 the first of the next Generation. In many ways technically it was that kind of leap

A BIG leap although its teething pains were horrible!

Exactly. That´s why the B-29 can be taken as the best, which saw service.
But if we are talking about generations, the B-29 had it´s advent in the time of the appearence of the first jets. A very uncomfortable company...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back