best climb rate for the 190

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

strike

Airman
May 18, 2009
guys as you all know the 190 climb rate is very slow, thats the only thing i hate about it, it takes almost 5mins(just guessing never measured it) to get to an altitude of 20,000ft. while climbing with the 190 my setting are as follows
power=95%
prop pitch=100%
radiator=pos 4
speed=300km/h

some dude suggested me the following settings
power=105%
prop pitch=80%
radiator=full
speed=n/a(didnt mention)

what do you suggest guys????
JSAWG.jpg

Last edited:
A lower prop pitch gives you a lower top speed, but it gives more pushing power.

Using auxiliary power will make you climb faster, but will eventually overheat your engine as well.

guys as you all know the 190 climb rate is very slow, thats the only thing i hate about it, it takes almost 5mins(just guessing never measured it) to get to an altitude of 20,000ft. while climbing with the 190 my setting are as follows
power=95%
prop pitch=100%
radiator=pos 4
speed=300km/h

some dude suggested me the following settings
power=105%
prop pitch=80%
radiator=full
speed=n/a(didnt mention)

what do you suggest guys????

The Fw190A8 had a rate of climb of about 2,500 feet per minute...

The Fw190D9 had a rate of climb of about 3,300 feet per minute...

So your ascent is about right...it can take a while to get up to altitude and there's no real sense in burning up your engine trying to get there, really.

You got to remember that your in a prop plane and not a jet fighter with a 1 to 1 thrust to weight ratio. So its going to take time to get to altitude. Thats the thing about some people now a days with flgiht sims, especially with WW2 sims. They want it now now now. It takes time, from climbing to engaging in combat.

You got to remember that your in a prop plane and not a jet fighter with a 1 to 1 thrust to weight ratio. So its going to take time to get to altitude. Thats the thing about some people now a days with flgiht sims, especially with WW2 sims. They want it now now now. It takes time, from climbing to engaging in combat.

its the people in flight sim who wants it now now now, thats makes the people who have the patience to climb to a good altitude happy, for giving the opportunity to bounce on them, lol........
JSAWG.jpg

Well, it is a sim after all, and the climb to altitude was a real part of a fighter driver's "day at the office" :lol:

When I'm climbing with a high sun in the sky, and suspect enemy in my area, I always give my course a slight "tack", meaning that I'm always shifting the position of the sun while following my waypoint so I'll have a little advanced warning if the enemy is going to try and bounce me out of the sun.

If I'm still climbing and I do get bounced, I hold my position until the last moment, and then anticipate where the enemy will be as they pull out of thier attacking dive, and roll out to meet them. A dive on an enemy from altitude can work either for you, or against you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back