Best Helicopter

What is the best Helicopter?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You can't with the Canadian Forces either, but the strange thing is you can apply for it after you're in, and have DND foot the bill. After that, depending on your job you'll probably be released anyway. Bureaucracy at it's finest.

Yes the Army will front the bill for you to get it done if you are in the Aviation Branch. I do not know about the Navy, Marines, or Airforce p-38 pilot. In the army you can not go into the Aviation Branch if you have already had it done, but you can apply for it after you are already in, and if accepted then you can do it and they will not kick you out. They are sort of doing a study to see the effects of it and flying. One of my pilots has had it done. I would like to, but I dont know if I have eneogh time in the army to get it done.

Id put it like this:

1. UH-1H Huey
2. UH-60 Blackhawk
3. CH-46 Chinook
4. AH-1 Cobra
5. CH-54 Stallion
6. AH-64 Apache

And from there it is a toss up for me. I change my list regularly but this is also just my opinion. I should put my precious Blackhawk before the Huey but I can not put it before her Grandmother.

Good list. Not sure id put the Chinook quite that high though.

P38 Pilot said:
I think its great. Although i think the UH-1 supercobra should be up there.

Well I did not put the UH-1 Supercobra up there because the Super Cobra is not a UH-1 it is a AH-1 and if you look I put the AH-1 Cobra as a general, not any given model, all models as a whole. The UH-1 is the Huey and I should have put UH-1 Huey instead of UH-1H because I should include all models produced since 1954.

And CC I put the Chinook up that high because it has been a work horse since the Vietnam war.

I took a few clips of the Chinook going through its paces at the BOB show on Sunday Adler

Attachments

• chinook_landing_836.wmv
    4.3 MB · Views: 55
  • chinook_in_flight_241.wmv
    9.5 MB · Views: 56
  • chinook_lift_off_189.wmv
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
It looks like a bit of a see saw ride having lift at both ends of the aircraft I would have thought it would be quite easy to get motion sick in them Adler

I never got motion sick in them, but I found it very hot and it stank really bad with the exhaust from the engines coming up through the back ramp. Plus everytime I flew in one, I had a hydraulic leak above my head. They say if it is not leaking in 7 spots you dont fly the aircraft.

Sorry Adler Im showing me age, not that I know shit about aviation but I always thought the description was about the best I ever heard for a vital componate on any piece of machinery. Having said that if I was on a helo I think I would say more than just Jesus if it busted.

P38 Pilot said:
You have a point about the Chinook. Strong, mighty, and useful for carrying around Artillery, etc.

It still sucks to fly on them.

No no dont worry. On aircraft like the Huey the Jesus Bolts or Jesus Nuts held the Main Rotor Mast to the Transmission. If the bolt failed or broke you got go and meet jesus. We dont use that term on the Blackhawk.

Users who are viewing this thread