Best looking WW2 fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

markstuk

Recruit
Dec 10, 2009
Slightly light hearted, but having just completed a model of a FW190D (Hobbycraft 1:48) it sticks out - even more so than my previous favourite the Spit FR14... What is yours?

I'll bite, my choices today:

1. P-51 B/C with tail fillet with/without Malcomb hood (What? You expected me to say something else)
2. Any Bf-109
3. Macchi C.205 Veltro
4. Later marque Spitfires (IX and later)
5. P-39 Iron Dog
6. Reggiane Re.2005 Sagittario
7. Early P-38 with that(those) sleek chin(s)
8a. A6M Zeke/Zero*
8b. Kawasaki Ki-61 "Tony"*
9. P-47N Thunderbolt
10. Fw-190D - much better looking that the radial models.

*Tie

Ah yes, the graceful and elegant PZL-30 that bested the Lagg-5 in dogfights....... :evil4:
Yes the Pzl-30 scarred every opponent from the skies. With its mighty roaring 20hp engines blasting it through the blue skies. The ground bloody with the leftovers of its enemys. Hartmann himself requested a staffeln of this mighty beast, but the war had not started yet so he had to combat in his puny bf109G-10.

ALMOST FORGOT!!!

The immortal BUFFALO.
Found a picture. Is that rlm 33 ?

DQJy1MB.jpg

Fighter Spit IX - I think that Griffin versions lost their looks and the engine looked too large, The earlier versions the engine looked too small
Light bomber - Tie between the Boston III (I don't like the look of the turret) and the Mosquito.
Heavy Bomber - Lancaster
Transport - DC3 could it be anything else?

While the Mustang is not even in my top 5 "favorite" airplanes of the war, I think P-51D was the best looking. ME262 in second place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back