Best naval fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

strange how every board ends up being about the lancaster and the b-17, this board is supposed to be about naval fighters, and putting a lanc in that situation is something id like to see :lol:

not a complaint, just an observation :) :withstupid:

The "Bent-Wing Bird" simply rocks! (The corsair that is :D )

the lancaster kicks ass said:
sorry bout that, it's just that every time you say bent, it reminds me of cheddar cheese :D
ur so nice and polite it amazes me :confused:

I think I may just be a 'devil's advocate' and state the Zero wasn't all that amazing a fighter. Its success early in the war was due mainly to the IJN's level of experience over the American pilots and that the Americans fought the Japanese in turning dogfights (initially) that their P40s and F4Fs simply couldn't win.

The fact is that the Zero was inferior to front-line European fighters at the beginning of the war. Sure it could outturn just about anything, but the Hurricane could outturn a 109 and a 190 and Hurricanes (although one of my personal 'favs') did not remain 'front line' in Europe for all that long.

Let's see what Zero 'fans' have to say about that ;)

-- Chris

Although I think the Seafire is a lovely looking Aircraft , it did have it's design limitations .

I have to go for the Grumman Hellcat , as the best Naval Fighter .

Andrew

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back