Best naval fighter (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

corsairs kick ass they are way cool no matter how good they were

so even if they sucked and couldnt shoot anything down (which isnt true) or couldnt kill anything on the ground (which isnt tue either) they would still be cool? really??? thats awesome! but please explain

The Mustang uglier than the Hellcat?! Good heavens what are you smoking? Serious the Corsair is beautiful but just think if the Bearcat would have been avaliable! It was designed after some Grumman test pilots flew a captured Focke Wolfe FW-190. They said if that had a PW R2800 up front it would be unstopable.

Anonymous said:
corsairs kick ass they are way cool no matter how good they were

You admin guys for the site are gonna have to start up some kind of section on the site for "Amazingly silly quotes" and this one has to be somewhere near the top! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to say Vought/Goodyear F4U/FG Corsair is the best Naval Fighter ever than any Grumman aircraft like Hellcat/Wildcat/Bearcat and Corsair production longer than any other US Fighter of World War II, the Corsair had several claims to fame. It was credited with an 11 : 1 ratio of kills to losses in action against Japanese aircraft and was the last piston-engined fighter in producation for any of the US services. Its greatest certainly the finest carrier-based fighter of any used by the combatants in World War II, and perhaps the best of any US fighters in that conflict.

Oh BTW, To all you P-38 Lighting, P-47 Thunderbolt, P-51 Mustang, F6F Hellcat and F8F Bearcat people, just remember: The Corsair was the first aircraft to reach speeds over 400 miles per hour. :D

Yeah well before you get all 'God Bless America' on us - just remember its FACT that Great Britain helped to design the Corsair as Vought-Sikorsky had alot of trouble with early designs - as i've explained before the Corsair pilots kept crashing their aircraft because they complained they couldn't see where they were landing over the planes very long nose so the Fleet Air Arm got involved and solved the US Navys problems for them - once again GREAT Britain comes to the rescue 8)

bronzewhaler82 said:
Yeah well before you get all 'God Bless America' on us - just remember its FACT that Great Britain helped to design the Corsair as Vought-Sikorsky had alot of trouble with early designs - as i've explained before the Corsair pilots kept crashing their aircraft because they complained they couldn't see where they were landing over the planes very long nose so the Fleet Air Arm got involved and solved the US Navys problems for them - once again GREAT Britain comes to the rescue 8)
That's true what Bronzewhaler said that Great Britain came to the rescue and but that is not all that Great Britain help us, Grumman who help out on the landing gear problem which the problem is "bounce" landing which I was told that Grumman did help out a little bit. There was alot problem on early F4U-1's and Navy carrier use until late in 1944.

BTW, Bronze, There's no "God Bless America" on the Corsair and only just this "Good Work" :eek:

Salute ;)

"Nervous? Yes! First time? No, I've been nervous lots of times!!!"
^
HAHA!! Love that Signature..."Airplane"? Think I'll be changing my sig. now...

Oh BTW, To all you P-38 Lighting, P-47 Thunderbolt, P-51 Mustang, F6F Hellcat and F8F Bearcat people, just remember: The Corsair was the first aircraft to reach speeds over 400 miles per hour.
yes, but the P-47 was the first piston engined plane to reach 500mph, alot better that 400mph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back