Best pizza EVER!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was agreeing with you right up until the fruit of the sea came up. Last time I tried to milk a buffalo I got the horns
MANY year ago Little Caesars pizza was not too bad and their claim to fame at the time was a twofer. Two pizzas for the price of one so whatever you ordered you got a second one as well. Used to pick up two on the way to the Drive-In. Feed the kids...play on the Playground...watch a movie and by 9PM they were out like a light.
Grandads house was across the street from the original Home Run Inn which started serving pizza in 1947. Dad came home from work and announced we were going across the street for Pizza Pie! "PIE...for supper" I said. Out came this huge round sausage pizza. Looked terrible to me, red, white, and lumpy and definitely NOT a PIE. "Just try one bite" Dad said... One bite later I was hooked for the rest of my life and 20,000 pizzas later

Don't knock it till you try it. Seafood pizza is spectacular.

Oh, and in my opinion, the best pizzeria in America is the Moose's Tooth in Anchorage, Alaska. Phenomenal! Besides your normal pizza's, they also have some great specialty pizza's. I loved the one with King Crab meat.

And properly named- Fruit of the Sea-- I love seafood, but have not yet tried squid or calamari-- Ciao! Hansie

To bad. You should give them a try. A co-worker of mine the other day brought me 50 whole squids. He already had them frozen, so I had to clean, prepare and eat all of them. Saturday we had fried Calamari, and on Sunday we had the seafood pizza.

There was a place on the New Jersey Turnpike. Little no name place at one of the rest stops.
Pizza was the best I have had. I probably have a photograph of the place somewhere, it was that good.

For a day to day type of thing, I prefer Ledo's Pizza over the other chains though quality varies slightly with location.

- Ivan.

Oh I've tried. Not much that slithers, crawls, swims, etc. that I wasn't taught to eat to stay alive, things that would make a Billy Goat puke like Spam trimmings & Mo-Fos for days on end (we were at the end of the supply line and all the semi-etable C and K-Rats had been picked over). Made a vow that I'd never again eat anything that had to protect itself with a slime coat, didn't have legs, or had more than 4 of them.

Oh I've tried. Not much that slithers, crawls, swims, etc. that I wasn't taught to eat to stay alive, things that would make a Billy Goat puke like Spam trimmings & Mo-Fos for days on end (we were at the end of the supply line and all the semi-etable C and K-Rats had been picked over). Made a vow that I'd never again eat anything that had to protect itself with a slime coat, didn't have legs, or had more than 4 of them.
Spam trimmings and Lima Beans- wow- before the MRE era??

C-Rats. Everyone vowed to hide a bit of C-4, bring it back to the world, and use it to blow that packing plant to very tiny bits.
12 meals to a case and were originally mixed but as the cases were passed down the chain of supply the cases were opened and the ones at the beginning pulled their particular favorites out
1990254.jpg

C-Rats. Everyone vowed to hide a bit of C-4, bring it back to the world, and use it to blow that packing plant to very tiny bits.
12 meals to a case and were originally mixed but as the cases were passed down the chain of supply the cases were opened and the ones at the beginning pulled their particular favorites out
View attachment 482276
Ham and "Futher-Muckers". I love lima beans, always wondered why they got that strange name in the 'Nam era- Heat tabs, powdered instant coffee, John Wayne crackers-only from American food companies--saw some MRE's recently, at an outdoor show-- "survival food"-- but not certain as where they were packaged..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back