Best possible fighter (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wmaxt said:
The video is cool, thanks!

The one on the P-51 is pretty good too. Most are early level training films, often very focused on checklists and takeoff and landing proceedures, but some have some other tid-bits in them as well.

=S=

Lunatic

Well I agree somewhat but I still think the 109 was one of the best aircraft but she was not the best possible fighter.

Out of his list I would go with the 190 if that is what he means. Deffinatly not a 109 or a Hurricane.

I'll stick with these P-38, Spitfire, fw-190/Ta-152 and F4U.

The P-51 was a good aircraft but I would choose the planes mentioned above first. The only advantage the P-51 has over the last 3 is range, and it doesn't even have that over the P-38.

wmaxt

remember guys (if you'd read the first pages) that the idea of this thread isn't to find the best fighters, it's to design you're own single engined fighter taking characteristics from different fighters..........

Well, in 1943 the Series-5 fighters were beter than anything at the time. The Fiat G.56 with the DB-603 would have been great, and although never built, the Re-2006 could have been similarly great. Ok these planes are not up to Ta-152 standards, but I think that given 2 more years of design and development at the same rate they were going at in 1943 they could have had some truly great fighters around.

Not sure about the Fox.
The problem Adler is that we'll buy or make something ourselves, and then keep it around for forty years at a stretch. There's only so much updating you can do to a piece of equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back