Best Tank Killer of WW2 continued

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I know what you mean RG I saw a documentary on the subject some time ago even in that one guy nearly copt it when a trap almost knocked him over the gunwhale it all looked a bit too dodgy for me I'll stick to being a land lubber thankyou what ever the rate of pay is.

RG_Lunatic said:
WWII was hell, and Iwo Jima was the center of hell. I didn't mean to trivialize it at all.

I would say the Eastern front, in general, was the center of hell.

Remember the "Ratten-Krieg".

Soren said:
RG_Lunatic said:
WWII was hell, and Iwo Jima was the center of hell. I didn't mean to trivialize it at all.

I would say the Eastern front, in general, was the center of hell.

Remember the "Ratten-Krieg".

Well, the E. Front was cold hell, Iwo Jima was hot hell.

RG_Lunatic said:
Well, the E. Front was cold hell, Iwo Jima was hot hell.

:lol: That it was, that it was. :lol:

RG_Lunatic said:
The kind of "crabbing" I am refering to is going out on a boat to work traps off Alaska - it's considered the most hazerdous job in America. The death rate is something like 0.125% for about a 5 week outing. If you get swept off the deck into the water, your chances of survival are extremely slim. 800 lbs crab traps are swung around on archaic hoists in bad weather.

Well I will have to shake those fishermans hands when I get over there. Me and my wife want to build a house there after we are done building our house in Germany. There aint nothing like some Alaska King Crab Legs.

Me too. Good Dungenous crab are even better, but too often recently they have been kind of tastless. The King Crab tend to be pretty reliably good, as long as they are not too salty.

If you get a chance to go to any of the many seafood restaruants in the SF Bay or Seattle area and can order some fresh (live in the morning on the day you order it) cold cracked dungenous crab - that is a real treat. Often in the winter they are on sale cheap!

Of course, soft-shelled blue crabs from the E. Coast are pretty darn excellent too. But they are only available fresh during a short season in the spring and early summer. A real delicassy.

Lunatic loves Crab! :twisted:

I have to confess guys im not a fanatic when it comes seafood but two things I do like. I always treat myself to a good quality clam chowder when I visit the states and I am very fond of fresh sea food Paella when im in Spain with a nice bottle of Chablis yummy.

trackend said:
I have to confess guys im not a fanatic when it comes seafood but two things I do like. I always treat myself to a good quality clam chowder when I visit the states and I am very fond of fresh sea food Paella when im in Spain with a nice bottle of Chablis yummy.

Have you ever had good fresh Dungenous crab, King Crab legs, or fried Soft-shelled crabs? If not, you don't know what you're missing!

Next time Im your way i'll give it a try RG
I assume you mean Dungenous in your neck of the woods the one over here has got a Nuclear Power station on it and I wouldn't want to eat anything caught in the waters around there. :pukeleft:

trackend said:
Next time Im your way i'll give it a try RG
I assume you mean Dungenous in your neck of the woods the one over here has got a Nuclear Power station on it and I wouldn't want to eat anything caught in the waters around there. :pukeleft:

Hmmm... Dungenous crabs are caught mostly in cold waters off the W. Coast of the USA (including Alaska). Not sure where you are located so not sure if you are talkin about the same kind of crabs or not.

Lobster grow huge in nuke runoff.

=S=

Lunatic

There is nothing better then seafood especially a good lobster or crab! Okay to atleat make it sound like it is on topic I will make a half hearted feable attempt. Here we go:

A tanks hull is like the outer shell of a hard shelled Crab!

HA HAHAHAHAHAHA HA :lol: :lol: :lol:

i've just had the image of a great crab battle where huge crabs from opposing armies meet in a huge armoured clash..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back