better rifle

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

elmilitaro

Senior Airman
May 12, 2005
Texas
Hey what do you say is better. The American Sprinfield 1903 or the British SMLE. Explain.

I would take the springfield for sure. I love its reliability and accuracy over long distances, but the sights on the thing before scopes or for the common infantrymen were less than usefull. If i could have one bolt action though, i would want the Kar98, or mauser as everyone probably knows it better as. Semi auto i would take eihter the obvioys garand, or the gewerh-98

loomaluftwaffe said:
I'd rather be a Machine gunner... blowing the hell out of the enemies until my barrel overheats

But I also agree with Looma.

Well since I shoot both I'd have to go with the SMLE, with its extreemly smooth action, fast reloading time and great accuracy it is clearly the better combat rifle. (Not to mention its 10 round mag which can be quite useful in a combat situation)

With the right ammunition there is really no difference in accuracy between the two at most ranges, although at extreme distances the Springfield does hold a small advantage due to its flatter trajectory.

I go with Soren. I have shot the Lee Enfield on the long ranges and found it an easy gun to use. Unfortunately I havn't shot a Springfield so it could be a biased opinion

I'd be a sniper, In the stupid world of multiplayer video games I'm always pissing people off and they can't get me with there little SMG's (Range and relocation baby), they get even angrier when they find out I have dial up. on the games I apt for the Mosin Nagant, but here I think the good ole Smelly is better, and the stripper clips make it easier to reload and keep the loose bullets organized in youre webbing.

I'm not talkin' games, I'm talking real world infantry experience here. Try reading "Hatcher's Book of the Garand" and do some good oldfashioned learnin'. Robustness has it's place, and reliability is more important than MOA accuracy.

I know, that's why I said in the games I'd go for the mosin nagant but here (in real life i mean) i'd go for the smelly and blah blah blah. I guess I play to many games. My dad's cousin (I don't know what you would call him, maybe a third cousin) Carrried a scoped Garand during his Vietnam tour of duty in 1967-8. He tells storys of how people would laugh at it and then become jealous when he shot a target, I think he said it was a can, but anyways it kicked the toys r' us m-16's ass.
He hung himself in 02' as a result (we think) of PTSD.

I'd be a sniper, In the stupid world of multiplayer video games I'm always pissing people off and they can't get me with there little SMG's (Range and relocation baby), they get even angrier when they find out I have dial up. on the games I apt for the Mosin Nagant, but here I think the good ole Smelly is better, and the stripper clips make it easier to reload and keep the loose bullets organized in youre webbing.

Uh kid real weapons and combat are not like your video game. It aint hollywood. Trust me I know what I am talking about. There are plenty of us here who have seen real combat.

I think we have another P38 here...

Youre right I'm just an idiot who doesn't know what I'm ****ing talking about life is just one big video game to me and i'll never go anywhere and work at a gas station all day and never leave my house unless I absolouslty have too.
Did you miss the point of my prevoius post? Ever since I signed up every thing I say is apparently bullshit regardless of the circumstances. I've put up with alot in my short life and I'm not going to put up with this just ban my account i'm outta here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back