bf-109 black 9 G-6 JG302 July 2, 1944

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

what I found:

Date ~ 02.07.44
Pilot ~ Ltn Hallenberger
Aircraft ~ Bf109G-6/U2
Unit~ 4./JG 302

shot down B-17 at 6500 m.
Location~ [N.Kaposvár]
Time ~ 12.15

that was the only claim for a B-17 that day by 4./JG302

Last edited:
yes I am aware of the B-17 claim and that is exactly what it is, the JG 302 pilot was alone. the Hungarian pilots flew together this is why I made the statement as it well could of been Hungarians that took out the B-17. As the diary states 109's in it I am purely going by that, it does not say just one as Hallenberger was alone

I'm sorry, that wasn't directed at you. My appologies. I know that 101/I. Vadaszezred, in July claimed 21 confirmed 4-engined bombers destroyed.
They didn't give specifics on what types though.

Scanner decided to stop working..

Perhaps someone else who has the book can scan it so here it is anyway...

I saw this as being WAY darker than yellow....

Attachments

• P7080545.jpg
    P7080545.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 165
Erich,
Would there have been any colored areas or would the plane be camo only?
Thanks ,.
Bill

coloured areas such as ? two toned greys probably mottled and the upper wings in splinter camo. though the fuselages of each of the staffeln would be painted differently there should of been some sort of natural specific scheme but there was not along with the spinners could of been in greys or blues or the typical spiralschnauze white stripe on dark black/green hub or just a grey or black hub no spiral

The plane would have camo paint with it's black 9. There would be no color bands or panels? { yellow engine panel or red bands}

we know that both JG 301 and 302 Bf 109G-6's used a wide red rumpfband but this was on their night fighter version

Users who are viewing this thread

Back