Bf 109 Found in France.... 20 ft Underground!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pisis

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2004
Praga Mater Urbium
Retaken from another forum SimHQ.com - http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=143;t=002109

RAF_Dumoulin said:
Hello,

Pilot was with the plane......
Translation by robot.....

The body of a pilot found in France (05/04/2006) Its plane, Messerschmitt 109, was six meters under ground HAZEBROUCK the body of the pilot of a German plane of the Second World war was found Tuesday with six meters under ground, in the medium of the remains of its apparatus, close to Hazebrouck, in the north of France. "the plane, Messerschmitt 109, underwent an enormous impact and is completely dislocated, but the parts were protected from corrosion by clay. What is particularly moving, it is that the pilot who was with the device controls finds at the same place "and started to be exhumed, declared Yves Maner, director of a Center of history and memory. "the apparatus was tiny room in crumbs, but the metal of the parts is still brilliant", it added. The excavations, organized by Air France, aimed at finding the body of Jan Plesman, the son of the founder of the airline company KLM Dutchwoman, cut down in the area into 1944 with the orders of a plane of the Royal British Air Force. "a data in the files and testimonys made us think that one had located his apparatus under the ground", according to M. Maner, which ensures however to have "other tracks" to find the Dutch pilot. The body of the German pilot should be buried with the German military cemetery of Andilly (Is) except if it were clearly identified and that its family could be found, specified M. Maner. The most interesting parts of the apparatus should be cleaned and preserved.
PIC

Thanks for moving, "Mr. M?", I wanted to post in the WWII General but it won't let me! :(

Amazing, I am glad they found another one and he will finally get laid to rest. :salute:

I dont care what side they fought for, all missing soldiers deserve to be found and come home....German, US, British, Italian, Japanese, etc...

:salute: to them all.

As for the aircraft they are found all over here still believe it or not. The airfields that we use today for our helicopters were all former WW2 German luftwaffe airbases and they excavate during construction and find underground bunkers and hangers with planes still sitting on there landing gear.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
As for the aircraft they are found all over here still believe it or not. The airfields that we use today for our helicopters were all former WW2 German luftwaffe airbases and they excavate during construction and find underground bunkers and hangers with planes still sitting on there landing gear.

Pictures of that would be cool.

RIP

It would be good if the Bf-109 could be restored even to display condition with the name of the pilot listed on a plaque near the aircraft. Indoors display to protect it from the elements...

Thanks sounds good those pictures. I had been under the impression that it was largely intact. Guess I was wrong. I thought it was just parked there as nobody did say where it actually was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back