Bf 109 K

Discussion in 'IL-2 Sturmovik Pilot's Lounge' started by Chocks away!, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Chocks away!

Chocks away! Member

Artist
    I remember the kurfurst being one f my favourite mounts in forgotten battles, but in IL-2 ultimate edition (which is ****** awesome) i was fighting against spitfire IXs and P-51 Ds and i was constantly being outrun by them, at every altitude, and i had no chance. This seems strange to me as the kurfurst should have a definite speed advantage, at least over the Spit. Then i flew the same aircraft against mark V Spitfires, and again i seemed to have no speed advantage, which seems apsurd. Am i doing something wrong?

2. lesofprimus

lesofprimus Active Member

Communications
    Home Page:
    Were u using MW50 boost??? I dont really know what the problem is, and I do agree with u concerning the speed issue...

I dont really fly the -109 much anymore, but next time I play, Ill give it a shot and see whats goin on...

3. Chocks away!

Chocks away! Member

Artist
    Thanks. Yeah I was using it, but my speed was rarely above 400 kph and with the slightest provocation the plane was aproaching stall speed. I think i'm also gonna give it another go...

4. Nonskimmer

Nonskimmer Active Member

Naval Electronics Technician
    There have been a lot of tweaks to the FM with each successive patch. A lot of people over at Ubi.com claim to be experts on how the various planes should handle. Not unlike some of the folks here at this site. I, like most of these "experts", haven't got a friggin' clue. I would suspect that the K-4 would be able to outrun the Spit Mk.V though. :lol:

Maybe it has something to do with complex engine management? I dunno. The AI pilots in this sim seem to be capable of some pretty amazing feats anyway.

5. Hot Space

Hot Space Active Member

Ghost Hunter.
    Home Page:
    It's because A.I Planes are screwed in the latest patches m8.

6. R988

R988 Member

Office Gimp
    Haven't played the 109K lately, but it should pretty much leave a Mustang, La7 or similar for dead in a fast climb, in fact I did just that online once while taunting the La7, desperately trying to keep up, in the chatbar until I ran out of fuel (damn the small tank on the 109!) and had to try and glide in to the nearest airbase with a very angry La driver trying to turn me into mincemeat :lol:

7. loomaluftwaffe

loomaluftwaffe Active Member

that happenned to me in my 262, then i blew him to hell with my battery of 24x r4ms