You may want to keep hold of your money...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

danjama

Airman
Oct 23, 2005
London
...for a little while at least.

Anti-epilepsy filter? - Official 1C Company forum

Basically, in the last minutes of development, Ubisoft (western distributors for the game, also arseholes) have forced upon 1C Maddox (publisher) a requirement to add in some sort of anti-epiliptic filter. The effects have been confirmed as disastrous, by a member of the dev team. Not only will it affect the visuals of the game, but also the performance. How much will this hurt you? Looks like the old stated system reqs. are void, and we are forced to see how this will run.

I wouldn't have been able to run the game anyway, but i will definitely now wait and see how this turns out, before investing in a new PC.

What an anti-climax - all these years waiting for the next generation of combat simulator from the best publishers of ww2 air combat sims, and then this happens.

How about this for an anti-epileptic filter:

WARNING: May Cause Seizures. Use at Own Risk.

Exactly! I've seen this written in hundreds of readme files. Stop whining about everything Ubi. Half a decade of anticipation, and this kind of crap happens. :rolleyes:

If this filter can be disabled in the config file so frame rate increases, then I'll go ahead and buy it. Otherwise, sorry Ubi. You're not getting a cent from me.

Last edited:
...for a little while at least.

Anti-epilepsy filter? - Official 1C Company forum

Basically, in the last minutes of development, Ubisoft (western distributors for the game, also arseholes) have forced upon 1C Maddox (publisher) a requirement to add in some sort of anti-epiliptic filter. The effects have been confirmed as disastrous, by a member of the dev team. Not only will it affect the visuals of the game, but also the performance. How much will this hurt you? Looks like the old stated system reqs. are void, and we are forced to see how this will run.

I wouldn't have been able to run the game anyway, but i will definitely now wait and see how this turns out, before investing in a new PC.

What an anti-climax - all these years waiting for the next generation of combat simulator from the best publishers of ww2 air combat sims, and then this happens.

Well, that blows dead bears!

Chris

Here's a new development:

Well, they're saying the Russian version of the game (Ubi does not distribute in Russia) will have the option to turn the filter off, and so they will enjoy the game in all of the intended beauty.

However, the filter will not be switchable in EU/US etc, and will affect the games performance/visuals adversely. They are going to be patching the game as and when, to address the issues in the game that would cause epileptic fits, and the filter will be removed when that process is complete - could be months. Not only that, but the game will be visually different - and in my guess lacking - compared to what should have been released.

We'll see.

Here's a new development:

Well, they're saying the Russian version of the game (Ubi does not distribute in Russia) will have the option to turn the filter off, and so they will enjoy the game in all of the intended beauty.

However, the filter will not be switchable in EU/US etc, and will affect the games performance/visuals adversely. They are going to be patching the game as and when, to address the issues in the game that would cause epileptic fits, and the filter will be removed when that process is complete - could be months. Not only that, but the game will be visually different - and in my guess lacking - compared to what should have been released.

We'll see.

Hope the devs can patch this up.

Are you serious??

*If* the game (any game for that matter) can trigger a seizure, then the affected user should refrain from playing the game if there's a potential for that happening. That's called "common sense" and the majority of end users shouldn't have to pay for that because of a "possible" incident.

Otherwise they should eliminate all video games, dim the lights, pad the floors and ceilings and cover us all in bubble-wrap "just in case"...

Are you serious??

*If* the game (any game for that matter) can trigger a seizure, then the affected user should refrain from playing the game if there's a potential for that happening. That's called "common sense" and the majority of end users shouldn't have to pay for that because of a "possible" incident.

Otherwise they should eliminate all video games, dim the lights, pad the floors and ceilings and cover us all in bubble-wrap "just in case"...
Just a matter of time before they do. I mean don't the whiz kids in gov't know what's best for us at all times. :rolleyes:

Wheels

Yeah i've read that they have now done a U turn and will allow Western players to have a switch on the filter.

Even with this, players are reporting terrible frame rate issues, especially over land (as opposed to water), and with some of the best system specs money can buy. The same people are running Crysis 2 and Arma II at full wack on their systems, but getting only 15-30fps in CoD. I've read several theories, on leaking video memory issues, and video cards running at below rated clock speeds when running the game. If the rumours are true, they should be ashamed for releasing such a poor product, and not having the front to explain themselves to the community (it is, after all, a very small community).

Not a game player myself but my $.02: Any warning label can and will be misunderstood and the morons sue and win big time money.
"Use only with adequate ventilation" when the flammable vapors reached the water heater and the basemnt blew up, Moron #1 claimed he thought a window open upstairs was adaquate!!!
"Caution content are hot" When the hot coffee in the cup spilled in her lap causing burns, Moron #2 claimed the coffee was too hot, sued McD and won big time $
I totally agree with all of you but product liability is a BIG issue and everyone plays CYA

I had waited for COD for months after I got it loaded was sadly disappointed with it. Frame rate is unbelieveably slow, something in the 2 frames per second range. The version I have does have the epilepsy switch in the menu. Hopefully Ubisoft will have some patches soon.

If you have epilepsy effected by strobes, you shouldn't play most games
Parents looking for the big payout, cheers to the lawyers milking money, and other lazy parents (well their not all like that, really, some are putting their kids on computer/console as it's the only slight 'break' they get...) and litigous US forcing non Russian players to have BS.
I hope it's not 'standardised' 'locked in' in the patches...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back