Screenshots of Redone Me 109G-10 'Weisse 11 Rosemarie'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ratsel

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
Skin Template by Raven Raven Skins .com. Re-colour Shading by Ratsel.

What I did was took Raven's excellent template, and re-colour most areas moved the yellow Luftflotte 4 band from the mid-cowl to the nose. I also added the correctly painted over II./JG 51 unit emblem added the correct shade patch of the former a/c number. A better discription below.

rosemarie16.jpg

Comments on White 11 "Rosemarie" of II/JG52 Neubiberg 1945 compliled from my previous correspondence files:

Ref 1, Page 68, why I for some time suspected that the profile was wrong.
However, my memory recalls that I later agreed to that this profile was more accurate when compared to Tullis' version in "Eagle Files # 3 Augsburg's Last Eagles…." by Brett Green and Thomas Tullis, which I also studied.

I found the profile in the JaPo book [Ref 1, Page 68] more accurate in almost every detail when comparing with photographs. The port side is the most covered, as I recall having seen only two shots of the starboard side yet. A photo of port side cockpit area of "Rosemarie" is to be found from on p.48 in "Messerschmitt Bf 109 in Action, Part 2, Aircraft Number 57, Squadron/Signal Publications.

A much better version of this photo, also with an enlarged part showing the name "Rosemarie" can be found in Ref.1, page 41. Here one can clearly see that

the shape of the patch under "White 11", the over painted forward II Gruppe bar, the 100 octane triangle and the fuselage cross, is more accurate in the JaPo

profile.
Another b/w photo showing the full port side from a distance also appears in Ref. 1, page 39, together with a similar one showing the rear fuselage.

Camouflage and Markings:
Conclusions from TEXT in Luftwaffe Over Czech Territory part 2:

After March 7, 1945 Luftflotte 4 markings ( i.e. yellow rudder and ring around front nose part.)

Overpainted horizontal II Gruppe marking with grey, ahead of "11", caracteristic position of this bar indicating previous use with II/JG51, obviously flying

this a/c before it was handed down to II/JG52 at Brno in April 1945.

The name "Rosemarie" under the cockpit was applied in two colours.(Red with black outline)

Basic camouflage corresponding standard WNF (Wiener-Neustadt) build standard.

Cowling was darker in appearance with visible colour segmentation and most probably came from another aircraft. An area similar in shape to a JG 53 emblem, but the painted over gruppe II horizonal bar means it could only have come from II./JG 51

covered with darker paint.

Traces of repair under the stabilzer (colour variation) and on round cover fuselage section 2

Conclusions from PICTURES in Luftwaffe Over Czech Territory part 2:

Fuselage cross is white outline version, probably painted on top of RLM 83 Dunkelgrün.

100 octane instead of C3 triangle. The 100 would be 100/145 octane green fuel.

I have only found two (bad) pictures of the starboard side (p. 47 70):
-Probably no "Rosemarie" under the cockpit.
-"White 11" in same position as on port side and also similar in relation to a corresponding colour patch covering the previous a/c number on the fuselage.
-Overpainted JG53 emblem also on starboard side. Same impression of a "dark" cowling as on the port side.

No good picture of the wing camouflage.

Regarding weathering: The late war manufactured Lw fighters also typically had a very thin paint coat, why a "chipping" was very unlikely to happen. The

paint was more like worn, or rubbed thinner and thinner at places subject to abrasion from walking, servicing etc.
Ref. 1 claims it to "….reveal numerous scratches, stains, burns and bangs…"

Reference 1.
Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-10/U4 Production Operational Service. Luftwaffe over Czech Territory – 1945, (vol) II, JaPo, 2004.
www.japo-publishing.cz.

The best picture info source in one volume I have seen on Bf 109 G-10s, G-14s and Ks, surrendering at Neubiberg 8 May 1945. Very useful pictures, comments on

RLM colors, markings on the G-10s, and much more. This 80 page volume also has a wealth of info on the G-10/U4 in general. In my opinion this is a must to

own book if interested in the G-10/U4.

Thanks guys!
piliot.gif

I wasn't completely happy with the upper cowl after looking at original fotos.. so I changed it to an RLM 78 w/ slight RLM 83 mottle.

rosemarie21.jpg

The cowl was replaced at one point with part from a JG 53 machine. It was givin a quick spray over of 78/83 (at JG 53 base). Hence the reason it dosn't match the rest of this ship. Now I feel its a much more realistic version of 'Rosemarie'.

Some additional information I happen to come up with to try and determine the W.Nr.:

Me 109G-10 W.Nr.'s 610 300 - 610 600, delivered mid jan./45 to II./JG 51(jan 6/45) and II./JG 52(jan 12/45), II./ JG 51 was disbanded on 12.4.45 (Fels am Wagram airbase). Formed up with JG 52.

Wait so you are editing a skin someone made years ago?

wouldnt you be better off making your own using a template? at least then you can claim it as yours

Well I snagged the templates when he offered them up a few years ago. All he asked was to include him in the credits, which I did. And he modded an Andy Barat template. So these mods I did are mine.

pic 1:
rosemarie27b.jpg

pic 2:
rosemarie30a.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back