Bf 109 photo ID (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BWitt

Recruit
Mar 10, 2022
View attachment 660904I just got this early photograph of a 109E ? from Austria and I am trying to figure out who the pilot is. It is hard to see possible markings or the code with the crowd, popular flier, but it looks like maybe a Kommodore code being <<-+- or <-+-. I have found possible pilots but photos online of their planes do not match. Thanks for any help.

Unfortunately the pic wasn't uploaded to our database. So it is not accessible and I can't recovery it. Sorry. :(
The image needs to be re-uploaded.

Sorry for that. This should have worked

561A9C0E-B58B-47E4-87D9-F02F6C504BB4.jpeg

1647108343570.jpeg

The list I found of yellow-nosed Emil models with the possible codes although likely incomplete, none of them seem to match

-Adolf Galland, E-4/N W.Nr. 5819
-Adolf Galland, E-4 W.Nr. 5398
-Werner Mölders, E-4 W.Nr. 3737
-Karl Ebbighausen, E-4
-Helmut Wick, E-4 W.Nr. 5344
-Harry von Bülow-Bothkamp, E-4
-Hans-Jürgen von Cramon-Taubadel
-Max Ibel, E-3

IMHO this is Bf 109E-4 WNr. 5344 of Maj. Helmut Wick, JG.2. The photos are from Beaumont-le-Roger, during November 1940, before Wick's last flight and crash on Nov. 28-th 1940.
There are some more photos (e.g. one below) from the same place - check the internet with details from the above information.
rU3LkO4.jpg

Another photo of the same a/c was on ebay as well (could be in this forum's collection by Schnautzer too):
c3xOz2j.jpg

Cheers!
P.S. Check FalkeEins' blog for more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back