Bf 109 "Rot 7" belly-lands in Denmark

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
Bf.109 Belly Landed in Denmark - SimHQ Forums

In an airshow at Roskilde Airshow plane had been engine problems, so the pilot decided to make an emergency landing on nearby field. The crash landing was carried out by the pilot pulled the landing gear up and made a belly landing, writes Mid and West Zealand Police in a press release.

ubehandlet_webpix_960nolkm.jpg
ubehandlet_webpix_9602ipry.jpg

Shame. Nobody hurt at least. This aircraft has been down a couple of times before, only to rise like a Phoenix from the ashes.
Cheers
Steve

German warbirds are extremely rare .They are pieces of the history. They should not take the risk to fly them

They should not take the risk to fly them

I disagree.
An aircraft sitting in a museum is nice, but one that is flying is something special.
Aircraft were built to fly. That is where they belong.
Hopefully the damage is not too bad, and will be back in the air soon.

does that have the original engine in it or did they change it to something more modern?

I know that this will be unpopular, but I agree with Jim. With all the technology that is available, and the fact that there are replica Me.262's, Fw190's and even Mig-3's flying out there, I find it hard to believe that no-one has copied a Bf-109. These are seriously important historical aircraft, and should be preserved for future generations. When there is only one left, couldn't we sit it in a museum to look at? We have film of them flying, isn't that enough? I am a fan of WW2 aircraft enough that I say, "Enough!"
When the C.A.F. ran a Mk1 Spitfire into the ground a few years back, I was saddened for the family of the pilot, and also saddened that this fine aircraft would never be seen again.
Aluminum only takes so much over the years.
Well, let it begin...

It depends if you consider a re-engined Buchon a rare German WW2 aircraft. D-FWME was built as a Hispano Buchon, not a Messerschmitt Bf 109 (although it does a pretty good impersonation). Let it fly again, I say. If we are going to argue historical precedents, then it should be restored in Spanish markings with a Merlin since it was built in 1950.

I should add, glad to hear the pilot was okay. I remember examining Bf 109G-2 Black Six at Duxford after it tipped over on landing; it was a write off, but was restored to static display condition. Black Six is a genuine Bf 109 and was the only original flying German fighterof WW2 at the time it first flew in the mid Nineties.

Last edited:
While I don't disagree with the sentiment that original rare warbirds are better off not flying (Black Six being an example at the time), the Bf 109 is well represented with a number of converted Buchons flying the flag for the type. In the UK there is a Buchon that even wears its Battle of Britain movie colours and modifications - that makes the whole genuine WW2 type argument confusing, but its a part of the aircraft's history, so cannot be dismissed as 'inaccurate'. There are a handful of genuine Messerschmitt Bf 109s in flying condition also, see here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_surviving_Messerschmitt_Bf_109s

This list has inaccuracies, Bf 109G-10 D-FDME is listed as being the one that belly landed in Denmark, but its Buchon D-FWME, you can see the civil rego under its tailplane.

Its an argument that will rage for an eternity as long as warbirds are still flying. It is entirely up to the indivdual or organisation as to whether they want to fly their own genuine warbird or not and armchair enthusiasts like ourselves can only sit by and watch, and yes, there is a good point for reproduction warbirds taking to the sky instead of orginial aircraft. Having worked in the museum industry, I can say that preservation is often favoured to restoration, which takes away a lot of the originality from an object, but once again, its a personal choice of the owners. I still got goose bumps the first time I saw Black Six flying, knowing it was a real Bf 109 with wartime history that I was watching and not another Buchon conversion.

Yep, I guess so, but I'm acceptant that the decision is out of our hands, and that I too, enjoy watching genuine WW2 aircraft in flight as much as carefully built reproductions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back