BF 109F-2 Spinner Question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

waterman

Airman
Dec 18, 2012
I'm building a 1/48 Hasegawa BF-109F-2. When I purchased the kit, an Eagle Editions resin spinner was included, but this spinner says it's for G K versions. I'm wondering if there is any difference between the looks of the spinner. Would I be better off using the stock plastic spinner that came with the kit? Thanks!

There were subtle differences in the spinner profile between the F and the later G and K series, so not sure why the resin spinner is included. Generally, Hasegawa are fairly accurate (and should be, considering their inflated prices!), so the kit part is probably acceptable. However, I haven't actually built this particular kit, so perhaps someone who has, maybe Wayne, can clarify this for you.

Sorry for the confusion. The resin spinner was not part of the Hasegawa kit. The Hasegawa kit was a package deal on Ebay; bunch of aftermarket accessories included with the resin spinner being one of them. I figure whoever had this kit was planning to use the resin spinner. But, when I compare the resin spinner to the kit spinner, I notice it has a different shape. Not sure which spinner I should use. I'd rather use the one with the more accurate shape. Literature on the resin spinner's instruction sheet says:

An important inaccuracy in the BF 109 kits is the proper shape of the spinner, it is too bulbous and the blast tube is too small. EP#20 corrects the shape, has an enlarged blast tube, plus improves the panel line on the forward portion giving a corrected outline with a slight indentation on the rear portion. Prominent rivets are added, the opening for the propeller blades has the proper teardrop shape, the portion where spinner fits over the blast tube has been correctly flared, plus a 3-dimensional data plate area has been added for the spinner and base plate decals as provided on EagleCals.

Would it be correct to assume the Hasegawa kit spinner provides a more accurate shape for the F-2? If neither spinners are accurate, I would most likely use the Eagle resin spinner, as it's more detailed.
Kit spinner grey (on left); resin spinner white (on right).

Attachments

• BF 109 spinners.jpg
    BF 109 spinners.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 196
Hmm, neither are an exact match. But, the Hasegawa spinner has more of the look, so I guess I'll go with that.

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back