BOB film

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Like with Spitfires that glide forever, shoot down Ju87's whilst gliding, and land on beaches with gear down?

I would give a new release a very low chance of being better than the 1969 epic. Don't you yell at me, Mr. Warrick!
but they could do that, couldn't they ? :lol:

i did actually watch it on Saturday secretly in my office, on my work computer when i should've been plating up a Christmas function for 250 guests !
but hey thats what staff are for....

Like with Spitfires that glide forever, shoot down Ju87's whilst gliding, and land on beaches with gear down?

That was really stretching the imagination, I will definately give you that :lol:

Although overall, and leaving that last part aside, the movie was exceptionally well planned out and executed.
A refreshing entry intry into a pretty much degenerating genre (Nazi zombies movie? :facepalm:)

Considering that the movie industry is running out of remakes and reboots of everything under the sun (because they lack the ability to come up with anything original anymore), I wouldn't be surprised if they did a remake of the classic Battle of Britain, complete with inaccurate CGI modeling, incredible feats of airmanship that defies physics, obvious misquotes, last moment heroism by a female lead and a complicated love-triangle that permeates the entire 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Considering that the movie industry is running out of remakes and reboots of everything under the sun (because they lack the ability to come up with anything original anymore), I wouldn't be surprised if they did a remake of the classic Battle of Britain, complete with inaccurate CGI modeling, incredible feats of airmanship that defies physics, obvious misquotes, last moment heroism by a female lead and a complicated love-triangle that permeates the entire 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Wait a minute, didn't you just describe the plot of "Pearl Harbor"...:-s

Lets not forget this:

Spitfire (2018)

A little jingoistic, but the cinematography was masterful. Done by the Great John Dibbs of the Plane Picture Company, producers of the finest Flying Legends calendars.

"Looks like one of yours, trying to land without wheels..."

"Silly bitch..."
"He's calling you names again, Arnold..."

Aaaaa too many good quotes.

One of my favorite films. The only problems with remakes is they are almost always disappointing.

The first movie cost an absolute mint to make so i can only imagine what it would cost to make another if they were to go down the route of using actual aircraft.

Probably best to leave it at that me thinks,

Cheers Greg :neutral2:

No, sadly their He111 lost an engine and crashed in Colorado enroute to an air show back in 2003.
It was fatal to the pilot/co-pilot :(
Was it this bird?
From a show down the east coast and to many years ago to remember...Although I do remember seeing a real A6M2 flying there as well that weekend.

Attachments

• img433.jpg
    img433.jpg
    1,009.9 KB · Views: 139
  • img434.jpg
    img434.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
  • img435.jpg
    img435.jpg
    872.4 KB · Views: 129

Users who are viewing this thread

Back