Book Stash Found

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DBII

Senior Master Sergeant
Oct 16, 2007
Conroe, Texas
I went to the local used book store last week. They normally have one shelf of books about aircraft. I found aircraft books, magazines and model guides all over the store. It took me almost an hour to search through the selection. I found three books I had to have, a 1945 navy publication about the ships and planes that where where in use. Not may photos but a list on all the ships by class, name, and brief description, and a desription of every aircraft type. I think I paid $5.00 for it. I picked up a European magazine covering AT-6s, my father likes them. I also found a book on B-25s that I had to have, nice photos. I rushed home to read the B-25 book and surprise! The captions and table of contents are in English but the test is in what I can only guess is Polish. :lol:

I went back again last night and found a couple of more books to pick up on payday. I have a friend that works there and I asked her about the books. A man came in last month with them. There were hundreds of books and multiple copies. His brother had passed away and he found the stash in a 15 ft x 15 ft storage building. I was told there were books in English, German, Japanese, Russian and Polish. If I can get list of titles I will post it. They may already have them listed on the store website. If so I will post a link. You may be able to get a little something for Chirstmas.

DBII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back