Books on WW2 Aces? Axis aces (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hunter368

Tech Sergeant
Nov 5, 2005
Winnipeg
You have a list (with title and author) of any good books that talk about WW2 aces from axis countries only, I am not looking for books on Allied countries aces. I want books on Axis aces only. Plz give me a list if you have any.

Günther Rall just had his bio published.

Hermann Graf and Alfred Grislawski has been done by Christer Bergström

Hajo Hermann : Eagles Wings

Helmut Lippfert also had his done through Schiffer Publications

Star of Afrika-Hans-Joachim marseille, another Schiffer pubs book and in fact hit up their webiste and check through all the Luftwaffe titles as their probably are others.

Will Reschkes JG 301/302, his personal bio of sorts or at least his operations in both units plus covering both units in some details although there are errors just like in toliver and Constables Horrido.......Yuk !

First and the Last, Addi Galland

Footsteps of the Hunter by ace Adolf Dickfeld.........what a waste of paper, and one of the worst personal books I have ever read, do not bother !

that should get you going.

Will Heilmanns book is also questionable in some cases, as well as Walter Dahl's Rammjäger, and although some good quotes is full of himself blowing his bogus scoring record all out of proportion, I borrowed a copy and quickly returned it bac to a friend

Thanks guys thats great so far, I do have some of the titles plus more but I love the list keep them coming. I would love to see some from Germany, Japan, and Italy (I have seen nothing about them ever, damn). Please add more to our list, this is great for everyone.

Theres a book about the Italian raid on the Battle of Britain that im getting for christmas, called "The Chianti Raiders". Ill see what its like and let you guys know..

Buy this ,m8
LUFTWAFFE FIGHTERS ACES written by Mike Spick
1853675601.jpg

READ MORE HEREhttp://fm.greenhillbooks.com/greenh...ortfield=title&author=spick-recid=33427-find=

cheddar cheese said:
Theres a book about the Italian raid on the Battle of Britain that im getting for christmas, called "The Chianti Raiders". Ill see what its like and let you guys know..

I will look into that one, thanks.

Parmigiano said:
Just spotted the thread: look at the link I've posted under 'Aces' topic: the site references a bibliography of the sources

Very cool, thanks alot man, I can't tell you how hard it is to find good books (really hard on axis aces, I find maybe 1 a year now to add to my collection)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back