Books

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've got the Bloody Shambles vol.1 :D What is rather disappointing for You - in Polish... :p

What is disappointing for me, the vol. 2 didn't see the day light in my country... :(

Volume 2 is great!!!!!!!!!!! Volume 1 is the prelude........ to give the reader the historical background on how the allies got their ass's kicked around so quickly.

Look for these books on Amazon.com

I found it on Amazon, but 35$ is a bit too much for me. It's about 100 zloty. And I bought the vol.1 for 35 zloty...
In general books are becoming here more and more expensive. It's a torture for me!

some Night fighter materials for my personal research

FuMB 23 ` FuG 350Zc Geräte Handbuch, September 44
Bordfunkgerät FuG 216 Geräte handbuch, September 43
Bordfunkgerät FuG 217 Heft 1: Geräte handbuch, Juli 44
Teil 2: Bertreibs-und Eingbau Vorschrift, Juli 44 // Bd. FuG 217
Die Entwicklung der Funkmesstechnik by Gerhard Hepcke
Bordfunkgeräte bei Trenkel; a classic !
LBC Lübeck-Blankensee // Airfield
Die Parchimer Flügplatze von 1937-2000
Werneuchen, Historie eines Fligerhorstes in Brandenburg

Lent Papers by P. Hinchliffe
Schnauafer ace of Diamonds by P. Hinchliffe
Night fighters by D. Williams
Mosquito fighters: Osprey
Mosquito: E. Bishop
RAF bomber command war losses 1944 and 1945
Bomber command war diaries by M. Middlebrook and C. Everitt
Berlin raids by M. Middlebrook
Eagles wings by Hajo Hermann
Turbulenzen eines Fliegersleben by ace and friend Günther Wolf
Ich war Nachtjäger in Gorings Luftwaffe by ace and good friend Peter Spoden
Nachtjäger vor den Toren Hamburgs - Fliegerhorstes Stade 1935-45
Im Auflug auf die Reichshauptstadt

more later............... ~ E ♪

Adler are there more than land battles covered ?

ok some more Nachtjagd bits and pieces.

AT least 20 different rare published French/German articles from 1960's onward.
Freiburg claims listings fro the NJG : many many pages.
Freiburg archiv holdings. RL's- ? NJG2/3, III./NJG 11

He 219, R. Remp
He 219 J. Dressel/M. Griehl
Several old Profile pubs. : Bf 110G-4, Ju 88G, He 219, lancaster marks, Mossie marks
Airfoil's 4/5
I./NJG 2 by ace and friend Heinz Rokker
Defence of the Reich by Werner Held
German nf aces - osprey
Deutsche Losses, 2 volumes, by M. Balss
German nf Force by G. Aders, a must have classic
Nachtjagd by T. Boiten
Other Battle by P. Hinchliffe
NJG 6 diary by W. kock
nuremberg Raid by M. Middlebrook
intruders over Britain by S. Parry
Beruhmte Bordfunkgeräte by H. Sarkowski

many many letters of correspondance with German nf crewmen, and a host of other lose materials, schematics and unpublished photos

more later........... ~

I believe it only covers land battles and Sea Battles. It is a historical atlas of Germany and air power did not directly change the shape of Germany.

syscom:

the book by Michael covers the a/c and pilots/crews lost during the war; German night fighters in two seperate volumes. there are gaps I have found but they are probably the best references so far published. Second volume a few pics but really nothing interesting except cracked up a/c and debris. both volumes published through the German firm VDM and are in German. This is not a real problem though as it lists the a/c, it's code usually, the unit, werke nummer if applicable and the crash site if known, also the crew members full names and rank at time of death or wounded/bailed out.
Again these are losses by Dr. Theo boitne is planning a huge volume covering the Kills/claims of the night fighter force along with many personal bios, and this will include many of the losses listed in Balss book but with more of a first person account. I'll list this item when it is available, which should be in the middle of 2006. Over 1500 pilots alone covered so far

E

There's a Bloody Shambles Vol.3 if not already released, it is set to be released very soon. I shall certainly buy all three when I get some more money.

Here are some books worth a read;

Russian Tanks of World War II - Stalins Armored Might by Will Flower and Tim Bean.

Although it doesn't go indepth into each individual machine used by the Red Army it does give a good overview of their performance in the field and development history. The book also sets the scene for World War II with the Red Army. It explains the history behind the expansion of the armoured forces in the Red Army and also gives a brief, but informative, overview of Red Army tactics before and after Stalin's purges. It also includes some useful numbers and statistics.

FC0760313024.jpg

Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World War Two. by Peter Chamberlain and Hilary Doyle.

This is the definative guide to the technical aspects of each and every German AFV. From the most well known tanks to the least well known half-tracks, this book has them all. It covers the technical details of each mark and sub-variant. It has a development history and brief (very brief) combat performance of those that served. For technical details this is the book ...for combat history you'll need something else.

1854095188.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

British and American tanks of World War Two by Peter Chamberlain and Chris Ellis.

Another amazing book, all the technical details of Western Allied tanks. Although not all AFVs that fought with the Western Allies are included it is a remarkble book and well worth having if interested in the armour of the Western Allies. Despite the fact there's no mention in the title, it does contain the technical details of Commonwealth AFVs too. Contains full technical details, detailed development history and short service history of each type and sub-variant. Again for proper combat performance and history another book would be useful.

0304355291.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I'll get on to my other books at a later date.

Plan have you purchased any of the Waffen SS armor titles ? Wolfgang Schneiders tribute in his 2 volumes on the tigers in Combat 1 and 2 are nothing but classics. Not any tech details of note but pure raw and intense combat with pics covering the heavy Abteilungs both Heer and W-SS. must read for you armor guys

Nope, unfortunately I don't have any books that are purely dedicated to one single tank, or unit's combat actions. They are a must have for me ...but I don't have them because of money, or lack thereof.

Some more titles that I own;

Hitler's Samurai - The Waffen-SS in action. by Bruce Quarrie.

A great book but a little short. It has all the Waffen-SS units listed with brief histories or deployments. There's the creation, training, uniform, weapons and combat of the Waffen-SS. A remarkable read and a must have for anyone interested in the combat prowess of one of the most highly trained and skilled, not mention brutal military units in World War II.

It is an old book and out of print though. There's probably better, more modern and extensive pieces on the Waffen-SS. But I enjoy reading the book and there's lots of really good pictures inside.

102203.jpg

Achtung Panzer! by Heinz Guderian.

I don't think much needs to be said about this book. It's famous with anyone with an interest in the armoured warfare in World War II. It was the book to read for all German Staff Officers that were to be commanding any form of armoured unit.

It's an extensive study of the flaws of the World War I tactics and the use of armour in the Great War. The conclusions are drawn from the Great War as to how armour should be used in the future. Written in 1937 - it is what became known as blitzkrieg and his theories in this book were proved throughout World War II when used.

Don't think you know armoured tactics of World War II unless you've read this book. It's a must!

0304352853.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Achtung-Panzer! can be heavy going and has a huge forward, but I'll finish it one day! :D

WW2 German Artillery

Ian Hogg

Covers ALL Flak, Anti-tank and IIRC Naval etc inc armour penetration, ammo, probably everything!

- exhausting with the amount of info in it though.

I seem to have a good copy with Puppchen Nebelwerfer etc info IIRC, apparently it can be missing.

There's a book you might like Erich it's a Pz38 commander who repeatedly killed KV1's by shooting them down the barrel!

- Forget the title/author though (I'll Edit it in later)

Steel Fist

Nigel Cawthorne

A great tankS of WW2 book, doesn't mention the tanks much, but kinda a WW2 'tank diary'.

Centurian Universal Tank

All about this long-lived tank, from the need, to concept to it's AVRE use in Iraq.

Some good info/pics.

NB: These aren't as easy reading as the others I've posted, but Steel Fist is inexpensive at least.

looks like I need to finish my aviation titles first before I add my Tank volumes

~ nah ~ I'll list some W-Ss stuff I ahve collected since the 1960's.

SS in Battle - OOP
Camouflage uniforms of the W-SS
Armor battles of the W-Ss by Will Fey - great stories
Tigers in Combat 2 by Schneider - fanatstic !!
Their honour was loyalty, original volume worth 200.00 US at least
7./Pz. Komp. 1
1st SS im bild
Gefahrten unsrer Jugend - 1st SS Flak Abt.
Mark Yergers 2 volumes on 2nd SS Pz.
Das Reich, volumes 2,3 and photo vol. 6
Das Reich by Hastings: crap book.........
5th SS Wiking bei Strassner
Verweht sind die Spuren - primarily the Panther Abt, and too little on the PzIV abt.
6th Ss Nord
Firestorm of the last war year in German - 9/10th Ss Pz.
9th W-SS bei Heimdall - absolutely huge, in French/German
Benders W-SS volumes 1-5 OOP and worth big money !
Tragodie of the Faithful bei W. Tieke
second smaller volume of the 11th W-SS Nordland
12th W-SS bei Meyer
Blood and Honour - 12th SS by Luther

numerous booklets and articles and other smaller pic albums

Users who are viewing this thread

Back