Britains Greatest Pilot BBC2 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

a lot of times the stuff over there wont come through on us internet.....

I travel outside the UK a lot. In order to watch UK TV and catch up services online I use iPortal. Basically the BBCiplayer etc don't see my I.P. address, they see that of iPortal's UK based VPN server, so I can download or stream their content. I pay a small fee (5 Euro per month) for the service but there may well be free ones too.

I'm not advertising for anyone, and have no connection to anyone providing such services, but for me it has been very useful :)

Cheers

Steve

thanks...i have heard of such programs but just havent given them a shot. it usually takes a few months but BBC America ends up getting it sooner or later....

I was very disappointed to be honest, this is a man who was there at the forefront of the development of aircraft from bi planes to supersonic jets, a man who Neil Armstrong knew about when they met but approximately half the programme was taken up with his dealings with the Nazis. The people making the programme should have realised this mans life cannot be condensed into 1 hour. More carrier landings than any other, probably more types of aircraft flown than any other, only allied pilot to fly the He163 first man to land a jet on a carrier, first man to land a mosquito on a carrier, test pilot as aerodynamics moved from bi planes to supersonic and torpedoed to boot...but the BBC thought it more important to show us their skill with graphics. It was interesting but could have been much much better. What he did as a pilot few have equalled + he was there when Belsen was relieved and interviewed Goering AND was taken up as a child by WW1 second highest scoring ace Udet AND flew many of the LW most advanced planes...3 hours and they may have done the man justice. I enjoyed his comment about De Havilland "A Hollywood test pilot" few people living or dead would have the balls to say that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back