British Airfield Equipment - BoB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dneid

Staff Sergeant
Oct 31, 2012
Austin, TX
Hey, All,
I am turning to you all to ask about kits for some airfield equipment for a diorama. I need to find 1/48th scale kits for a trolley ac and a fuel bowser. I have a photo from a BoB book of the fuel bowser I can post if needed. I did find a trolley ac kit with TONs of PE. I am not as thrilled about that much PE as I would be over a resin thing. Can anyone point me to these kind of kits?
Dale

Revell used to do a ground equipment set which included a RAF Trolley Ac and an oil trolley, but they seem to be out of production - you might find one by trolling through web-sites where OOP kits are sold, or maybe e-bay. However, it's quite easy to make one, using suitable wheels, plastic card or balsa, and stretched sprue or plastic rod.
The fuel bowser in use at the time of the BoB was normally the Crossley, of which no kits exist in 1/48th scale, although there was once a 1/76th or 1/72nd resin kit some years ago. This would have to be totally scratch-built I think.
However, I think there is a white metal, or perhaps resin kit, of the three-wheeled fuel tender still on the market, although I can't for the life of me remember who makes it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back