CA glue accelerator.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Usually the CA accelerators are offered as the spray cans. So, there is no need to use any brush. Unless I'm missing something..

I use something similar to these...

upload_2018-7-7_6-45-9.png

One needs to be careful as the brush can stick to the part. Google "Hobby Micro Brush". The beauty section in drug stores carries these as well and are probably cheaper. I use Zip Kicker which had a spray top option but I find this very messy, Throw the sprayer away and keep the black lid...

PT715.jpg

I find that thin CA cures almost instantly when applied to E-Z-line. That fiber is made of very fine filaments that expose the CA to large surface area which kicks it very quickly. Sometimes too quickly. Simply a touch cures it and you may not want it cured. I use no accelerator with E-Z Line.

Just something I have discovered.
Most of us have breathed moisture on our eye glasses to clean?
I have found if I do this on applied CA glue, it adds enough moisture for it to go off.
As Mike Went pointed out once, or more, it's moisture that sets it off.
That's why it sticks to our fingers, a bit of moisture.
Just sayin.

Back in the day, when I was younger and not too bright, the standard way to set "Hot Stuff" (the prevalent CA of it's time) was to blow cigarette smoke on it!. I would not take up smoking for this small benefit, but for those who still do -- give it a shot.

I quite smoking 30+ years ago, and now I'm almost allergic to regular CA., but not to the newer, flexible "oderless" kinds. These work great as sot attachment glues, but not any good as filler or for main construction.

Ed

GD CA adhesive....................
I have come to the conclusion Zap is Crap!!!!!!
Not even a third of this bottle used and hard as a bloody rock.
I'm going over to the 10 cent stuff..........

You might ask why it's cut back so much at the nozzle.........
it's because I had to every time I used it.
Wonder why the tip and bottle was even changed??????
Crap I say!!!!!!!!!
IMG_1146.JPG

I agree but you get ten small tubes and you only open one when you need it. I keep the lid tight and it pointed up and it last pretty well. Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back