CAF Southern California Wing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

God knows the Canadian government wouldn't pitch in a few bucks, to get the Lanc over there and back! :confused:
I hope it goes off without a hitch. I'd hate anything to happen to either bird! And I'd give anything (almost ;) ) to see the double Lancaster fly-past! [-o<

God knows the Canadian government wouldn't pitch in a few bucks, to get the Lanc over there and back!

Hell no, what are they gonna do if a war breaks out? Their entire airforce will be over in the UK :shock: ;)

Actually, half of their air force. I thought they had a Roc laying around as well. ;) One of you guys better post a pic of that when it happens for us to ogle and drool over.

Speaking of anniversaries, I will be presenting at the museum on, and about Iwo Jima on the 60th anniversary of the start of the battle. Horrendous battle, that one. But from that battle, one of the most famous American images of WWII came. The Marines planting the flag on Mount Suribachi. 3 out of the 6 died on Iwo. A good book about that battle is "Flags of our Fathers" by John Bradley. He is the son of one of the flag raisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back