CAF Southern California Wing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here are some new pics for you all.

Attachments

• zerowork.jpg
    zerowork.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 818
  • otherzero.jpg
    otherzero.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 809
  • c-46-9.jpg
    c-46-9.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 811
  • c-46enginework.jpg
    c-46enginework.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 801
  • b-29strut.jpg
    b-29strut.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 798
  • homefront.jpg
    homefront.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 806
  • yak-3side.jpg
    yak-3side.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 810
  • typed4computer.jpg
    typed4computer.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 804
The only Russian I know is in English letters (I don't know the name for it) and it's all like..insults from tanks...like written on the side of Lend-lease trucks to the Soviet Union from the USA...USA was sprayed on the side...and the Russians took it to mean Ubiyat Sukinsyna Adolfa (Kill that son of a whore Adolf)

Yes it is, Crazy. The assistant crew chief on that bird is 15 years old! He is the grandson of a WWII B-24 instructor pilot. What an amazing thing he will have to talk to his grandkids about!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed them! I will be getting out to Chino probably in March and will post pics from there as well.

Its great to see Evan, that their are plenty of places around with dedicated people keeping such parts of history alive lest we forget what sacrifices people made in order that we may have a life such as this and on the aniversary of the liberation of Auswich it comes into even sharper relief

(A moments reflection please gentlemen)

Attachments

• untitled_484.jpg
    untitled_484.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 700
it's been confirmed that for the 60th anniversary of VE and VJ day the canadain lanc's been invited to britain to join PA474 (for the first time ever) and take part in a huge flypast over london and proberly the RIAT the next weekend, however this, if it does go ahead, will have to be founded largely by the RAF ans the canadain lanc is a civilian aircraft (PA474 is owned by the RAF) and they cannot afford to bring it themselfs, and there's many many risks involved.............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back