Camarillo Air Show 2005 videos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It is not often that they move them around once they are established in an area. A majority of the aircraft at Camarillo for the show were from California or the states next to it.

But I have seen photos of the Martlett wrapped in plasctic with the wings removed when it was temporarily sent to New Zealand years ago. It's rare, but they do it sometimes.

As far as how they get to where they are depends on a number of things. Old aircraft that have been recovered in remote locations are carefully disassembled and shipped in crates to where the restoration will take place. A good example of that is one of our Zeros. It was found on an island in the 1960s, disassembled into manageable pieces and trucked to an airfield to fly back to the US for a long process of restoration.

Glad you enjoyed the videos, I should be able to get some more up this weekend.

I ask because I noticed the Skyraider. I don't know if it's the same on I saw in Duxford. On the same continent at least you could fly them from place to place. But...as was the problem in WWII, these aircraft can't fly the Atlantic. Well...the Mustang, B-17 and P-38 could over Iceland, Greenland, Canada, America route.

The skyraider down here was not at Duxford, but the paint scheme is pretty much the same. There are a couple around here that have that same paint scheme. They were both used for "Flight of the INtruder" and "We were soldiers".

So there's a lot of Skyraiders on the airshow circuit then?

Not alot actually, but there are a few out there. How many total I am not sure. But the one in my pictures and video is the last A1H that still flies. I will post a video of it doing its manuevers and the HUGE dive brakes that plane has. The H model is th eonly one with those big dive brakes, one out of the bottom and one on each side.

Good morning all! Time once again for another installment.

First up is a formation of Nanchang CJ-6As. These are essentially Chinese built versions of the Yak-52. They say that they are fairly inexpensive to operate and fun to fly. It seems there are more and more around lately, so that must be so. These are all locally based, either in Camarillo or at Santa Paula.

Second clip was my weekend favorite, the A1H Skyraider, flown by Skyraider Bob. He is a really nice guy too. I chatted with him quite a bit on saturday morning. Watch closely and you will see him deploy the humungous dive brakes in a few passes. This is the last A1H still flying.

Attachments

• skyraidersaturday_141.wmv
    8.3 MB · Views: 47
  • cj6formation_194.wmv
    7 MB · Views: 41
Yep, the door on the bottom is most noticeable, but there are also 2 more, one of each side. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good video shot of that. Here is a shot taken by Brian Lockett of it.

DSC_0141%20AD-6%20NX39606%20cn18308%20right%20front%20in%20flight%20l.jpg

Photo from air-and-space.com, Brian Lockett

Yep, Brian is one hell of a good photographer. I have been visiting his website for years, http://www.air-and-space.com/home.htm

As the show was winding down this year, I struck up a conversation with another photographer. It was then that I learned who he was! He is a really nice guy and if you visit his website, you will see that he is a great photographer as well. He has a book coming out soon too that I plan on ordering when it becomes available.

Here are a couple of more vids. These are from the sunday show. The first one, 2warForm, is an unusual formation of the Skyraider, Sea Fury and Zero in formation on several passes. Then the tail end of the clip features each of them separately.

The second clip, PacificWWII2005 features the Bearcat in some fast low speed passes, flying formation with the FM-2, then the Zero and FM-2 mix it up before flying a photo pass in formation.

Enjoy

Attachments

• pacificwwii2005_295.wmv
    8.2 MB · Views: 46
  • 3warform_155.wmv
    5.6 MB · Views: 46

Users who are viewing this thread

Back