Can anyone identify this Bf 109 from JG54?

20
16
Joined
Sep 29, 2023
Location
Germany
Hey everyone,

I need some help identifying this Bf-109 from JG 54, most likely 9th Group. Yellow 1, Green Heart and this weird yellow thingy at the end, whatever you call that^^
I was able to find Yellow 3, so I'm pretty sure its that, but I wasn't able to find Yellow 1. Planes aren't exactly my strong suit, so if anyone knows anything about this one, especially who piloted it, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks in advance for any help :)
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2024-06-02 225615.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-06-02 225615.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot 2024-06-02 230036.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-06-02 230036.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 109
IMHO that's a Bf 109F-4 "Yellow 1" of the JG54 , III Gruppe , 9 Staffel. There is the "Devil" emblem of the 9th Staffel on the egine cowling. The yellow "wavy" line at the back is a code sign of the III Gruppe of the JG 54. The correct notation for the squadron is 9./JG54 or ,what is more general, III./JG54. Judging by the markings it's the Winter 1942.
The pic is quite blurry and not all markings can be noticed but I would say there is also the insiginia of the III Gruppe on the fuselage between the air inlet to the supercharger and the "Green Hertz " emblem. I'm not sure fully but the kite looks like the one flown by Hans Ekkehard Bob.

jg54.jpg
 
IMHO that's a Bf 109F-4 "Yellow 1" of the JG54 , III Gruppe , 9 Staffel. There is the "Devil" emblem of the 9th Staffel on the egine cowling. The yellow "wavy" line at the back is a code sign of the III Gruppe of the JG 54. The correct notation for the squadron is 9./JG54 or ,what is more general, III./JG54. Judging by the markings it's the Winter 1942.
The pic is quite blurry and not all markings can be noticed but I would say there is also the insiginia of the III Gruppe on the fuselage between the air inlet to the supercharger and the "Green Hertz " emblem. I'm not sure fully but the kite looks like the one flown by Hans Ekkehard Bob.

View attachment 781399
Of course, its not 9th Group, but 9th Staffel, I made a mistake there^^
Anyways, thank you very much for your help, Hans Ekkehard Bob was the name I'm looking for. Thank you! :)
 
LRG.... no thanks.
 
I removed the link only because you have to be a member and I thought

German WWII Archive German WWII Archive

wasn't.
As far as I'm concerned, LRG suits me :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back