Can I get your help?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

[SC] Arachnicus

Senior Airman
May 1, 2012
West Chester OH
A game developer of a ww2 air combat game asked if there was a area that had tall obstacles? They make a modern air combat also where a urban skyscraper map is very popular to weave and fight around. Was there any areas the ww2 pilots had to weave around?

Thanks.

Yeah, but they never fought in them. Ground obstacles are only relevent if the two antognists are flying low. If you pull om the stick, the ground obstacles are removed rather quickly.

Contrived obstacles are only obstacles if you fly low. Almost nobody did ... they flew high and had no obstacles whatsoever.

I remember reading in Saburo Sakia's book Samurai about him chasing a Dutch P-36 down a canyon in Timor, or one the islands in that area.
I would think if you were low, you'd try to use anything to shake off a someone on your butt.

In the Dutch campaign of 1940, Dutch pilots quite often "hit the deck", to escape the mighty Luftwaffe. They tended to avoid German aircraft by flying lower then the rooftops, flying through city canals (like you see in Amsterdam) etc. A nice example is the famous duel between a Fokker C-X and a Bf-110 around the tower of the Dutch village of Sassenheim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back