Can someone please explain this theory

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jank

Senior Airman
Mar 21, 2005
How does noticing a phenomenon / event / thing bring about a causal effect to anything?

Mankind 'shortening the universe's life' - Telegraph

"But the bad is that quantum theory says that whenever we observe or measure something, we could stop it decaying due what is what is called the "quantum Zeno effect," which suggests that if an "observer" makes repeated, quick observations of a microscopic object undergoing change, the object can stop changing - just as a watched kettle never boils."

I have a degree in Chemistry and you just ruined my day.

Why oh why did you mention Quantum theory....argggghhhh!

I need to go and have a drink now.

that sounds too much like what the really old folks in my home town would say.

'don't have an operation if you get cancer. as soon as they open you up and the air gets to it, it grows and you die for sure.'

the reality was that back then, by the time physicians discovered the malignancy, surgery was not going to help. but they would try it anyway just in case.

notice whatever you like...it won't matter unless you act on it..or ignore it..or...

dj

"Quantum Zeno" effect. [Hehehehehe]

A third degree burn on your tongue from eating too many Hot Pockets.

I have a degree in Chemistry and you just ruined my day.Why oh why did you mention Quantum theory....argggghhhh!
I need to go and have a drink now.

Don't feel alone there, I don't have a degree in Chemistry and he ruined my day too. "Quantum amara" Isn't that a Spanish song from back in the '60's?:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back