CANADA BANS 1500 TYPES OF ASSAULT WEAPONS IMMEDIATELY (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what i see

FB_IMG_1588435092257.jpg

The term "assault weapon" was created by two California politicians, David Roberti and Mike Roos when they drafted legislation in 1989 after a mass shooting in San Diego. It was as obvious then as it is now that these legislators knew little or nothing about firearms.

From Wiki:

Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989 - Wikipedia

After their political grandstanding the term was the calling card for gun control advocates.

The live broadcast of the announcement had the government saying they had no problems with gun owners and "legal" firearms. As Trudeau said, "......after weapons that are made to kill humans.....".

Interesting that they acknowledge that the shooter possessed illegally obtained weapons, which is the majority of cases in shootings.

But this bit about the shooter's weapon was classic journalism: "...including some sort of a long-barrelled rifle".

Not "classic journalism". The RCMP has yet to make public the weapons used in the shooting, and there were several.

This is the part I shake my head at: Indigenous hunters excluded from Ottawa's assault weapons ban under Section 35 - APTN News

Not defending or dissing here guys, but you are doing the very thing that you are criticizing the press for. The quote "......after weapons that are made to kill humans....." was actually "These weapons were designed for one purpose and one purpose only: to kill the largest number of people in the shortest amount of time".

California was going to declare that shot guns were assault weapons. With definitions becoming so vague, eventually a pellet rifle will fall under that category.

Not defending or dissing here guys, but you are doing the very thing that you are criticizing the press for. The quote "......after weapons that are made to kill humans....." was actually "These weapons were designed for one purpose and one purpose only: to kill the largest number of people in the shortest amount of time".

And there's a time and place where an individual should be able to arm himself/ herself with such a weapon. With that said I also believe ownership of such weapons should be heavily regulated.

Many lawmakers and members of the press believe that if the weapon looks menacing, it's an assault weapon. As mentioned earlier "A Ruger Mini-14 with a black composite stock is deemed an illegal assault weapon while the Mini-14 with a wood stock is perfectly legal to own."

California's assault weapon ban also includes guns with a bayonet. When was the last time we had a mass bayonetting?

I have no issues with sensible gun laws and lothe those "wanna be militiamen" but at the end of the day those passing these laws really need to do their homework as a great portion of laws written (in the US) were done so by people who didn't have clue and because of these ridiculous and ignorant laws, it did nothing but incite and galvanize the far right wacos.

Then again, remember this guy. Examine the weapons he used.

University of Texas tower shooting - Wikipedia

Well, I am relieved to hear that Assault Refrigerators, Assault Stoves, Assault Microwave Ovens, Assault Air Conditioners, Assault Televisions, Assault Stereo Receivers, Assault Recliner Chairs, and Assault Lawn Mowers remain virtually unrestricted.

But they really need to do something about those Assault Boats, Assault Trucks, and Assault Baby Carriages. And I am not really sure about those Assault Post Hole Diggers and Assault Chain Saws; they look pretty lethal to me.

Ban everything if you want but it won't make a difference to the illegal gun trade unless you match the ban with the resources needed to go after the smugglers of illegal weapons and hit them hard. The most recent shooter here used guns that were already illegal. Didn't make much difference, did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back