CAPTURED AIRCRAFT - ODD PHOTOS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Captured.JPG

Captured Fiat G 50

Beauty Jim. Added to the "Captured" folder. Of course now you have forced me to seek out a 1/48 kit and of course they are not cheap. Any mention of colors. Right now I'm seeing Very Light Grey, Light Gray, Medium Grey, Dunkelgrau and Dark gray

It doesn't look like a standard camo pattern so it could be a local repaint in any number of colours. For example, the lighter shade on the fuselage is tonally similar to the red of the fuselage roundel while the undersides could be yellow. We're in the realm of pure speculation unless there is a first-hand account of the colours applied.

Here's another view of the Fiat:

Italian_Fiat_G.50_in_RAF_markings_2.jpg

According to this website, it wore South African Air Force markings.

Note the darker tone of the cowling front and spinner on this pic compared to Capt Vick's original. Assuming this image was taken using orthochromatic film, that would suggest red for the spinner and cowling (note how the "red" (strictly speaking orange for SAAF aircraft) of the underwing roundel is also dark in this image).

Interesting shot of a Duxford-based Sea Fury. Looks like perhaps it was 'standing in' for a FW-190 for a movie or TV role. Do we know the date of the pic?
It's either from a number of years ago, or very recently, just judging by the T-33 in the background, and I'm guessing it's pre-1990 ish.

Interesting shot of a Duxford-based Sea Fury. Looks like perhaps it was 'standing in' for a FW-190 for a movie or TV role. Do we know the date of the pic?
It's either from a number of years ago, or very recently, just judging by the T-33 in the background, and I'm guessing it's pre-1990 ish.
Was thinking the same Dogsbody, I suspected it was Duxford

Ah, 1994. Thought it might have been a touch earlier, before the American Museum was built, due to that T-33. But now I remember there was an airworthy one around about then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back