Cars named after (or same as) WW2 and 1950s aircraft?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Are you saying that a P-51 is shaped like a wild horse?

Doesn't look that way to me.
The NA-73 was named after a popular song in Britain at the time.

The Ford Mustang was based on the Falcon Chassis and, incidently, so was the Maverick.

Neither the vehicles nor the aircraft bore any resemblance to their respective namesakes.

Not sure why we're having a class discussion about the origins of horse breeds.

Perhaps Ford should introduce the Hyracotherium as a compact sport package?

Wasn't the Maverick sold for $1995? I also seem to remember Ford advertising saying one could disassemble it (mostly) with just a screwdriver.
Not sure about all that, but my first car was a '70 - great car and it had really nice lines, looked similar to the '68/'69 Camaros body-wise.

And as I mentioned a bit ago, the Maverick was a Falcon/Comet/Mustang beneath the sheet metal.
I have 1970 Maverick upper and lower control arma on my 1966 Mustang (yes, I own one).

My '70 Maverick had the 200 cid L-6, great gas mileage and it was a veteran of many a drive-in movie and the usual to-and-from school jaunts.

Right, Joni's had an inline-six, and aside from drive-ins (Conan the Barbarian) and so forth, more than enough herbage to be good to drive or ride, and ripping down Vine St in Paso Robles at 50mph to grab the deep drop in front of 24th St, there was also getting sideways on G14, going out to Adelaida Graveyard to get high at midnight, and ripping up South River Road while trying not to go spinning. I wasn't driving at that time, but goddamn, she was driving like no one's bidness.

She hipped me to Bob Marley and Depeche Mode ... metalhead me. I'd listen to anything to get her lovin'.

Users who are viewing this thread