Cars that I'd.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Careful Lucky, sports sedans are higher than Jesus on an Aussie's mind :lol:
And sure, they might be grocery getters, but I'll bet they could also lay down rubber from home to the grocery shop as well 8)
And while doing it look pretty damn awesome.

Thats right mate, as one journalist said on wikipedia I think " Australia has become the place to look for the modern muscle car"
Honestly, were still going with cars that most of the world abandoned 20-30 years ago. Our cars have got pedigree too, some of the best 4 door sedans in the world come from the land down under.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

infact have a gander at these 2. The first one you fellas in the UK get now days. The Vauxhall VXR Bathurst edition. A mere 590hp or so thanks to a Walkinshaw supercharger.

vauxhall-vxr8-bathurst-models-rock-out-with-560-hp.jpg

Secondly is a well known Australian brand HDT Holden Dealer Team which has been rebirthed. Offering this monster. 670hp supercharged v8.
2010-hdt-ssgroupa-vessv-commodore-03.gif

Brembos are also becoming common place for these machines now to, these can throw with the best sports sedans/saloons in the world imho.

Last edited:
Although I'm with you when it comes to cars, I tell ya what Jan, having been in both the BF F6 Typhonn and the new FG FPV GT, they are pretty quick cars, especially with the right person driving it :lol: I managed to drive the GT with a 6 speed manual gearbox and I found it a right real handful to keep 422 ponies on/under 100kms lol!

Hey Screaming Eagle, how are you mate ?
And yeah guys I reckon Australia has got the best sports sedans in the world.
And Heinz, just to offset that Holden influence, I will put some more FORD in :lol:
I will also admit that sometimes we take it too far, for example the W427, I just can't see how something like that is viable, seems a real brain fart on holdens part. Did you know they still use pushrod motors 0_o in their V8's.
Even my '94 falcon has OHC so i think it's time these guys upgraded their motors too.
C'mon lucky look at that and tell me you don't like it :)
Red_FPV_F6_Typhoon_R-Spec_engine.jpg

Not too mention when they get stripes on the sides XD and a bonnet bulge for the motor, now that sort of styling is DEFIANTLY muscle car.

2008-Ford-Australia-FPV-GT-P-and-GT-GTP-Front-And-Driver-Side-Tilt-Speed-1024x768.jpg

18124181.jpg

I don't know about you fullas, but this thin is gorgeous and proof that Australia does make some world class cars.

On an end note, this is my 900 th post, and Im damn glad that i managed to sneek some Falcon pics in for it :D8)

Last edited:
SWEET shots Aussie/Heinz! :occasion5:

Although stop posting those shots Aussie mate , or you'll convert me to a Ford person :lol:

Usually prefer Holdens but God damn are the new FPV's sexy! :headbang: First F6 you posted is like :notworthy:

Saying that tho , VE's are mighty sweet too , had the joy of spending a few minutes in a SS VE Commy today ( was driven like it should be driven I can assure you :D)

I only see some grocerygetters.....:confused:

:lol: Thats a piss take right?

Nice shots Aussie. I agree HSV still are using 2 valves per cyl however its honest power. The Ford XR6Turbo is still the baddest production engine in Australia imo!

Baddest as in unreliable and crap ?
or baddest as in UNF***INGBELIEVEABLE power and torque ? XD
Gotta love 4 valves per cylinder and a massive turbo, I also love the straight six mate, you can keep you V6's any day :) they might give more power/cubic capicity, but they don't have that low down grunt that I love :p

Sorry fellas if I stepped on some toes here....:oops: Think that my '50-'60 muscle car/hotrod/kustom car brain had a brainfart earlier...the first thing I thought of seeing these cars were "boyracers/diaper hunters".
Have to admit that I do like what you chaps can do to a car like Vauxhall etc., wouldn't mind to have the last car, the black and gold one, looks like a nice honeywaggon, 8) even if it's a.....well, Ford and modern on top of that! ;) :lol:

It's cool mate, were protective of our cars :)
That black and gold one is the Falcon GT-P, the Flagship Falcon, basically the best (although not the fastest) Ford of Australia has to offer, you will pick one up for about $80 000 (I think, guys is that about right)
So, roughly I think thats about 40 000 pounds.

And in response to your first post about spark plugs, check out this mother. 0_o even has extractors, man would I have hated to pay for them XD
callawaycyclonev16---450.jpg

I'm with Lucky, I like the classic stuff. 50's thru early-mid 70's gas guzzling V-8 power. Nothing beats the sound of a big V-8's rumble. I always laugh when I hear one of those 4 bangers that sound like a oversized mosquito take off from a stoplight. I usually can keep up with them in my big 4X4 Chevy Silverado.

Last edited:
Do that with a 440 sixpak, 426 Hemi, 427 or a 454, you'll blow them of the street before the next set of street lights! They'll panic, think that it's a earthquake! :lol:

Amen Lucky.
Spoke with my Dad last night, sounds like he is going to make an offer on that 61 Oldsmobile this Friday. Been looking at different pictures of that car and it's styling is starting to grow on me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back