Cars that I'd.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, you're correct. Probably a '36. Those years tend to look the same to me. 40 Ford Deluxe has a different grill and the headlights were integrated right into the front fenders.

Attachments

• 1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe.jpg
    1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 6,584
Got to love those '40 Ford pickups, especially when they look this good and what about those '57-'59 Dodge Sweptside ones, how many pickups came with fins!? 8)

Attachments

• '40 Ford Pickup.jpg
    '40 Ford Pickup.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 3,916
  • 1957-Dodge-Sweptside-Pickup-fvr.jpg
    1957-Dodge-Sweptside-Pickup-fvr.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 2,706
  • 2009-10-14_59DodgeSWLRWeb-Large.jpg
    2009-10-14_59DodgeSWLRWeb-Large.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 2,189
  • 2009-10-14_59DodgeSWLFWeb-Large.jpg
    2009-10-14_59DodgeSWLFWeb-Large.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2,493
Jan and others that car that Negative Creep took a photo of is Australia. Its a Valiant Charger one of the big muscle cars out here in its day. Valiant naturally are part of the mopar family. Its a great car I had no idea anyone had imported one to the UK though!
Chrysler Valiant Charger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll try and get some shots up from a few rod runs I've done in my car.

Cheers.

OK, I have to laugh at this. Dad has a 4 car garage that he has 3 classic cars stored in and his big bus of a Conversion Van. Has complained for years of not having enough room to turn around in it and wanted to get rid of one of the Classics.
So, just over a month ago he sells his 1966 Ford Mustang to the neighbors Son-In-Law.
Last night I find out he is looking at another classic car, a 1961 Oldsmobile Super 88 Holiday.
I found the car he is looking at buying on-line and think it is rather homely myself, what do you think? She's got some muscle under the hood though, 324 ci V8.

Attachments

• 1961_oldsmobile_super_88_05.jpg
    1961_oldsmobile_super_88_05.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 729
  • 1961_oldsmobile_super_88_03.jpg
    1961_oldsmobile_super_88_03.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 376
  • 1961_oldsmobile_super_88_02.jpg
    1961_oldsmobile_super_88_02.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 444
  • 1961_oldsmobile_super_88_01.jpg
    1961_oldsmobile_super_88_01.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
I went to see the car today. It's at a local Car Museum/Dealer. Looks nicer in person, should really get up and go with the big V8 under the hood. Pretty clean little car, couple nics in the paint where they used some of that brush on paint to cover, but was still hard to pick out.
They also had a big 1957 Cadillac and a57 Ford Fairlane 500 Convertable in better than new condition for sale. Bit out of my price range, but they were gorgeous. Next timeI go I'm bringing my camera.

back then cars were designed to look good now they have to follow all these regulations for emissions and safety etc which has changed the cars looks for the worse

eh you know as much as I dig nostalgia and believe me I am a massive muscle/hot rod fan I still think new car design is every bit as good. All cars reflect the society at the time and some of the new Aston Martins right now are damn beautiful.

I will be honest late 40s and late 50s are my favourite era for car design globally I have to admit.

I gotta disagree there Heinz mate. My favorite cars are Aussie muscle car, new and old 8)
If I gotta pic favorites it'd have to be a GTHO PHASE 3 ;)

For the rest of you uncultured fools I have provided pics :D
(apologies beforehand if they are crazy resolutions)

Attachments

• GTHO7101.jpg
    GTHO7101.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 264
  • iii01.jpg
    iii01.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 280
Thats what I said Aussie? I said new car designers are every bit as good as the old stuff, its all about context and time. We now look at old cars and compare to today yet back then especially in the 50s design was a race to futuristic ideas and design limits were being severely tested.

I meant the 40's and 50's mate, no offense intended :)
And yeah, I agree, it's all time and date specific. I also think that the new Falcons and Commodores look damn fine...Gotta love the VE...Although I am a Ford man XD

The first pic is an FPV F6. Basically Australians love 4 door sedan spots cars. Which basically means it's a soccer mums car with a F***Ing big turbo smashed onto it. The thing you can see in the grill is the intercooler. I think these things run about 13-14 boost. This thing goes......fast. It's 0-100 in under 5 seconds. Basically Australia is the place to look if you want to see the modern muscle car ;) For reference, the F6 is a 4.0 liter Straight Six...(one of the few straight sixes on the market, ford have been using this motor is various guises for about 35 years)

fg6.jpg

fpv-falcon-f6-3101.jpg

And here is it's main competitor. The Holden HSV. This ladies is a true muscle car, no fancy turbo or six cylinder...it's a 6.2 litre V8. This thing doesn't go as fast as the F6...but it looks better I reckon XD

HSV-GTS_40_Years_Edition_2008_photo_01.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back