Cars that I'd.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yip! 😎

FB_IMG_1697318721266.jpg

Bought this one. Volvo xc70 4wd, 200hp I had almost bought one 20 years ago. Stuck with me
I play with it for a while. Fix the maintenance jam (looks good but need some love and kuddles )
Good driving car.
Its no Jeep but can get you through ruffish terrain.

View attachment 731766
Good choice, I have the "other wagon", an Opel posing as a Buick:

2020-buick-regal-tourx-mmp-1-1579126815.jpg

That's a stock photo as I'm at work and don't have any of my car, but it looks just like this one except for mine has limo tinted windows all around. I must say, I've put a lot of highway miles on it and she'll sip fuel at 80MPH delivering about 34MPG. On the last trip back from Atlanta a new Stingray breezed by me so I decided to pace him for a while. It's smoother than I thought 'cause when I realized we were cruising at 125MPH that's when I decided to let him go his merry way. I had no desire to attract the attention of the stylish black and tan Dodge Chargers that roam Florida highways.

Another carefully curated collection of cars from my part time "job".
porsche.jpg
bmw.jpg

The best of the best, low mileage and a sweet ride with the correct number of pedals, 3. 911 and a M3
firebird.jpg
camaro.jpg

Hard to believe but these are both F-body cars. Firebird was suuuper low mileage 5K I think, this one is a Camaro, and lots of fiberglass.
968.jpg
racoon.jpg

Porsche 968, dirty but complete and nice enough interior, 100k miles. Nice ones available for $20-30,000 so a real deal if you can do some of the work. Honda Racoon, so kawaii.

I have been buying tickets to win classic cars/bikes that have been excellently restored (some upgraded) at $15 per ticket.

The proceeds go to veterans/families so it's called classics for a cause. That means it doesn't really matter if you win which is cool.

Previous offerings include restored Mustangs, Firebirds, Monaros, Ford GT40, Rolls Royce, Landrover, Harleys, VW Kombi
split screen. A recent draw had a 1967 Mustang (fastback?) and a 2017 5.0 litre Mustang special something or other. The pair
were worth over $350,000. I was planning on winning then selling the 67 (nowhere safe to keep it anyway) and paying all my stuff off
with a fair bit to spare. That would have left the 2017 to use for a while then probably trade on a work and smaller private car.
Trouble is reality got in the way of my plans. Maybe next time.
It's all at classicsforacause.com.au if anyone wants a look / drool (click on winners heading).
I don't know if there is a similar system in the US or Britain but it would have a lot of support.

This is the latest offering - 1970 GTHO replica with 393ci engine (original was a 351), and other modernisations (EFI etc) as
well as completely new interior, paintwork and so on. Valued at $200,000.

1702472218429.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back