Cars that I'd.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Since I am a certifed 76 year old car nut i feel qualified to answer. Any car built before 1970 is great. Easy to maintain, well built, fast, relatively economical, and you knew exactly what they were at a glance. Todays are over priced junk that have nothing to do with reality as all are designed by computers. No Soul. Incidentally, my picture is of the Chrysler pavilion at the worlds fair.

Sometimes at auction I see cool stuff and then there is this...
IMG_2060.jpg

It was a caddy limo with that 80's "pimp my ride" fiberglass nose and tail. When I see any kind of outrageous car, and start to scoff, I remember that we did stupid things to our cars in the 60's and just smile and appreciate that someone is doing something cool for themselves with a car.

Sometimes at auction I see cool stuff and then there is this...
View attachment 736145
It was a caddy limo with that 80's "pimp my ride" fiberglass nose and tail. When I see any kind of outrageous car, and start to scoff, I remember that we did stupid things to our cars in the 60's and just smile and appreciate that someone is doing something cool for themselves with a car.
That an Excalibur Limousine. 13 build

Excalibur cars of this type were often described as "Limousine", even though I've yet to see one which actually is. More accurately they are stretch limousines, and usually pretty vulgar and over-ostentatious. Not to be confused with genuine limousines such as non-stretch Rolls-Royces, Cadillacs etc.

It is cool. Not minda kinda cool but its daring to be different and not give 5 ffff's. That why it is cool.
Wont drive it but i will smile and give a wave when i see one.

Beans.

Last edited:
Saw a genuine American Motors AMX 390 on the interstate yesterday in company with a late 70s much modified Chevelle. Then later, rare ones on trailers. Must be a Labor day show somewhere.

Saw a genuine American Motors AMX 390 on the interstate yesterday in company with a late 70s much modified Chevelle. Then later, rare ones on trailers. Must be a Labor day show somewhere.
There's a guy in town here, that has a '72 Javelin with a 401 and 4-speed.

Many a kid in their fixed up rice-burner has learned the hard way that this beast is not to be tried at the light.

This was an actual AMX, not Javelin AMX which was a tad larger. The actual AMX was only made one year and allowed the Javelins to become popular. I had a 1969 Ambassador DPL 2 door hardtop with the 361 engine as I remember. Loved it. The writers called the the V-8 series " a poor man's Chevy small block"

Thanks for the info. Although I could quote engine sizes and models for most cars from late thirties through early 80s, my mind has gone, that's why I'm on the forum. Seems like home. Everyone may take that as they like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back