Cars that I'd.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very cool, I approve!

The Buick Wagon is an Opel Wagon. Nice looking Touring car.
Jager
Yes to both of those statements.

But they where assembled in a Opal Plant based off an Opal design, correct? or are they one of the Chinese assembled Buicks?
No, this is an Opel/Buick, has the Toyota eight-speed Aisin transmission mated to the 2.0 liter turbo four cylinder normally rated at 250 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque. I may or may not (read: MAY) have a tuner package installed (among other upgrades) that ups the ponies to 295 and pushes torque over 340. Hypothetically of course.

Just to keep the 60's-70's SUV trend going, I went to a small show at the Old Packard Proving Grounds just north of Detroit on Sunday. And I saw this, a factory optional International Scout Camper, they could not have sold many. I thought I had taken pictures of the inside and the back, but apparently I got distracted by talking to the owner. So there is a link to some info below the pictures. It is interesting, but after speaking to the owner an finding out its top speed is around 60mph, but it really doesn't like to go over 45mph due to the gearing. I think I would pass on owning one. But I don't think I ever saw another example.

Link to info https://bringatrailer.com/2018/02/20/one-of-three-survivors-1963-international-scout-campermobile/

Users who are viewing this thread