Cars that I'd.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_20240427_192003.jpg

Even though I'm a HUGE Mopar fan, I do appreciate the other brands....
I am a Car and Driver top ten. I wrote a letter commenting on what car G-d drives. I used "Mopar" as my middle name.
It's either the 1988 or 1989 Top Ten issue. Under the "Men Of Few Words" category. I have the issue around here unless the ex pitched it.

Yes. One Dart, aka Schuyler aka FrankenDart. A 1971/1972/1968 Dart. Two Valiants. Morris, the Nice Old Man a 1974(?) Valiant De Luxe Chromo-barge. A hand me down Valiant, which I didn't have long enough to name. I did fix the hand me down when it broke down on the Wantagh State Parkway with a paper clip.

Gotta' love the classics!

Was wondering because Chrysler marketed the Valiant in Australia from 1962 to 1981. Some of the models had the slant six engine.

1714412988321.png

Modern rims on an early 60's S series. The slant engines were far more powerful than the other Australian
offerings by a fair margin.

Was wondering because Chrysler marketed the Valiant in Australia from 1962 to 1981. Some of the models had the slant six engine.

View attachment 776179

Modern rims on an early 60's S series. The slant engines were far more powerful than the other Australian
offerings by a fair margin.
My Uncle Abe bought a new one! It was white an..an.. it had buttons..an..you pushed them 'n everything! He musta' been rich!

One year the slant six was offered with a 4 barrel carb option. I couldn't afford it either. About all I could do was swap the flathead 217 cu in six in my 48 Plymouth for a 230 flathead from a Dodge. I did meanwhile get a second 48 Plymouth which the goober had swapped in his mothers 240 cu in V-8 from her 56 Plymouth and found it too short (by 2 cylinders) and too high (by about 6 or 7 inches) to match up to the drive shaft and clutch linkage. Those problems were solved by the assistance of USAF Reserve weekend drills.

My Uncle Abe bought a new one! It was white an..an.. it had buttons..an..you pushed them 'n everything! He musta' been rich!
That's right, I remember now. Push button automatic and torsion bars.

Friends in a little town out bush had one or the AP5 (later model). Being a small town it had one shop/ service station and a pub.
The wife used to go down on Fridays to pick up the beer from the pub.

Problem was the car had no brakes at one stage so it was a matter of pull up in front of the pub (angle parking so facing the building)
and push the reverse button for the auto while giving it a rev to slow down enough to bump into the curb. Job done.

Worked fine till one day she missed the R button and changed down instead. The front bar became a drive through pick up as she ended
up going straight through the main doors.

Sort of like Arnold at the police station - "I'll be back".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back