Cars

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
787b.jpg

mazda%20787b.jpg

The beatiful, four rotor Mazda 787B!

They just had the FQ400 on top gear, my god it is nice. Not only did it keep up with a Lamborghini Murcielago around the track, it was being held up by it. Then the Lambo Spun. The Evo has loads of downfalls as well but I dont give a shit, its amazing. I have to have one.

~Just to make it clear, the Evo was was being driven by Clarkson and the Lambo was being driven by James Kay (professianal BTCC driver), so it was more than fair.

I hate to think what the performance figures of people on dial-up will have just gone through!

Don't get me wrong - its a good pic, but perhaps shrinking it a leetle?

GermansRGeniuses said:
Have you read its performance figures?

I think you shall be impressed. 8)

Yeah theyre nowt amazing...

And its Swedish, it has a bit - no wait a lot of an image problem.

Ford RS200 2.1 Evo

rs200_-_2.jpg

O-60mph in 2 secs in rally spec...

Ok, so you're saying 245mp/h is nothing to be amazed of?

Those rally spec cars top out at about 125mp/h, due to their high gearing - I'd rather have a fast, good handling, good accelerating auto...

CCR ~ 0-60mp/h in 3.2 seconds.

But would it be as practical as a nice Austin Princess?

Attachments

• princesscrop.jpg
    princesscrop.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 449
GermansRGeniuses said:
Ok, so you're saying 245mp/h is nothing to be amazed of?

Those rally spec cars top out at about 125mp/h, due to their high gearing - I'd rather have a fast, good handling, good accelerating auto...

CCR ~ 0-60mp/h in 3.2 seconds.

I dont give a crap about top speed, you cant use it on the road unless you live in Germany, and even then its stupid and pointless.

The Ford is a lot cheaper, a lot more practical, a lot more fun, a lot better accelerating, a lot better handling, and faster point to point than the Koenigsegg...more pedigree too.

245mph isnt amazing at all, The Bugatti Veyron's top speed of 252mph is far better...

And by the way, Rally cars have low gearing, which reduces their max speed, not high gearing.

The Ford'll still do 150mph though...

True, true, but Seventies cars have a nasty tendency to be rust traps - hense you see so few of them nowadays. Strange to think that a Triumph Herald is a much older car, yet you see far more of them than say the Vauxhall Chevette which are now as rare as hen's teeth, yet were fairly ubiquitous when I was a child.

The only cool thing about the Chevette is that it sounds slightly like Corvette ;) (Excluding the HSR version, one of which I would love).

Yup, British Leyland screwed things up good and proper in the 70's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back