Cars

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a bit ambitious GrG! :shock: You know they only made 1300 F-40's...But sod that, I want one too!

In the meantime, here are my rides through the years...

65.22.jpg

2003: Yellow Austin Mini with blue flames, 1000cc, racing exhaust, great fun, rolled it over once.

77.153.jpg

2004: Yellow Austin Metro, 1300cc, completely useless, rolled it over once.

Attachments

• xr2-semi_129.jpg
    xr2-semi_129.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 533
At least it was a proper mini not one of these pretend jobs that BMW make. You seen the size of them how can it be mini when its bigger than the average hatch back. I agree their a good motor but theres only one real mini BMW should have called it anything else but not mini.
I had a mini seven not as good a nick as the one below same colour though had a mini van as well. Saw a van at the Crystal Palace custom car show with a blown V8 in the back the air intake was stuck though the roof (mean looking bugger).

Attachments

• mini_175.jpg
    mini_175.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 507
When I was about 14, our neighbour two doors down had a mini. It was a real one, too. ;) I remember it was flat black in colour.
Anyway, he had good luck with it all summer, but then the winter came! :shock: He had no choice but to lay it up for the duration and get himself a second vehicle for the snow. This went on for another year, and then he just decided to get rid of the mini. It was small but speedy. 8) Loud too!

trackend said:
At least it was a proper mini not one of these pretend jobs that BMW make. You seen the size of them how can it be mini when its bigger than the average hatch back. I agree their a good motor but theres only one real mini BMW should have called it anything else but not mini.
I had a mini seven not as good a nick as the one below same colour though had a mini van as well. Saw a van at the Crystal Palace custom car show with a blown V8 in the back the air intake was stuck though the roof (mean looking bugger).

I couldnt agree more...I dont like the new mini at all. It looks horrible.

The old mini has superb handling...its the best damn thing out there, and ive driven lots of cars...great for handbrake turns and reverse flicks too :rolleyes:

Naw, banger racing. Its just an oval track about a quarter mile long in a field and the aim is to bash the living hell outta the other cars on your way to victory! ;) Except as im only 15, I have to go in the non-contact class :( Thats not to say I dont hit anyone though...

cheddar cheese said:
Naw, banger racing. Its just an oval track about a quarter mile long in a field and the aim is to bash the living hell outta the other cars on your way to victory! ;) Except as im only 15, I have to go in the non-contact class :( Thats not to say I dont hit anyone though...

A lot of "accidental" contact, eh? ;)

"Whoops, so sorry! Pardon me, it won't happen again! Oops, sorry!"

:lol:

trackend said:
That the way most kids start motor sport CC that or go karts

Yeah, I should be doing my work experience at a karting track because I got turned down by Aston Martin...Id love to get into motorsport but Cornwall just doesnt have the opportunities for it :(

depends cheesy what sort of motor sport if you dont mind the weather how about bikes I did a fair bit of trials riding in the 70's and cornwall was very active in the ACU (auto cycle union) Grass track,scrambling(motocross) and trials if not that howabout sailing I did the world Dart 18 (catamaran) Championships in Cornwall (Pentewan sands) mind you I was crap and didnt get anywhere in fact the year after I did it a gain in Abersoch (wales)
I was crap that time too, still somone has to make up the numbers :D

Attachments

• dart18_643.jpg
    dart18_643.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 435
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back