CFS 1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

id like to start a section to talk about microsoft combat flight simulator ww2 europe series.

feel free to talk about whatever you want game related or you can post pictures.

I only played the first CFS very briefly, as it was already quite dated by the time I'd picked up a copy, but I thoroughly enjoyed CFS 2. Until the arrival of IL2:FB, it was my favourite flight sim. I had lots of fun with that game. :cool:

CFS 3 didn't do much for me at all.

i have the 3 of them, i like 3 better, but the only thing i do not like st that the put the best allied planes, even some experimentals like the ascender, but the put the germans in the true historic situation, unreliable engines lack of acceleration,

i have all 3 cfs..il-2 -fb and many more...but i always play cfs1 the most...its alot of fun,old ,but fun . ive had many names on cfs..but old school guys know me as flynundertaker...and sir-kilz-alot....hehe...and by the way on one of the pages some one posted a aircraft pic and said it was a f-4-f (crash on deck) they are wrong..its a F-8-F bearcat...look at the gear..then the tail..bingo!....~S~ gents

CFS 1 was a breakthrough in flight sims :) I loved CFS2. But CFS3 is, hmmm, weird to me. "Alien" planes, lack of 'popular' fighters. But de gustibus...

...I own all 3 MS CFS series games IL-2.

CFS-1 > I was never taken with, the visuals, the flight models...
CFS-2 > I'm an addict. I keep on refining visuals, flight models, DPs.
Never Multiplayed.
CFS-3 > I'm disappointed. The 'camera' angels, platform isolation
(Planes can not be added from from other MS flight sim games
as in CFS-1 2) frustrate. I have not been able to get used to
the keyboard command control mapping.

Is it just me, or does CFS2 appear to run faster than CFS1? It's probably to do with all the ocean textures, that do not tax the system as much as the varied city/country landscapes.

I own IL-2FB, and PF stand alone no AEP :(
and CFS3, i was looking for CFS3 cause i saw an ad
but i didnt find one so i got IL-2
IL-2 was great, great flight model, great graphics, AND RUSSIAN PLANES!!!

when i got CFS3, it looked like a pile of poop compared to IL-2
Flat cockpits, some control surfaces dont move
the game cant be played properly with a keyboard
too much text above
AI sucks
the gameplay is slow
i only really played it when i found out that u can DL planes and all that
now i have a huge selection of planes

never tried CFS/CFS2, but ive heard FS2 has an even greater selection of planes

but i still prefer the IL-2 series

Have you tried Rowan's Battle of Britain? Its Flight modelling makes even Sturmovik's look poor.

But yes, IL-2 is a great simulation.

It's a title originally published in the year 2000. It's now available as a budget release, from Xplosiv. Here's their link:

http://www.xplosiv.net/default.aspx?MID=28FC28810784&PID=731E4E56-F58F-46B5-973D-AEC73789754B

An excerpt from the Gamespot Review:

While hard-core flight-sim fans will appreciate the game's attention to detail and superb flight experience, the prognosis for more casual gamers or simulation novices isn't quite so good. In fact, if you don't have a good amount of flight-sim experience, you should probably steer clear of Battle of Britain until you have logged more virtual flying time. Simply taking off in Battle of Britain's aircraft is an accomplishment in itself, even with relaxed realism options enabled.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/rowansbattleofbritain/review.html

It's for hard-core simmers. Extremely realistic indeed.

id like to start a section to talk about microsoft combat flight simulator ww2 europe series.

feel free to talk about whatever you want game related or you can post pictures.

Hi dinos7,

CFS1 is the most adabtable of any flight Simm I have seen. Of course it is not comparable with some of the visuals of the newer games but with the add-ons and model designers that are still adding to it. It has evolved quite a bit. One more good point is it will play on most of M$ Operating systems.

JG_57 Rall

However, the choice of planes, maps, and fetures is unlimited which is why I've toyed with the idea of getting a copy.

Hi Medvedya,

Let me invite you to our website. We are a virtual flight squad that gets together Via IP multiplayer games. We use Teamspeak for our communications and have greatly expanded the scenery and choice of aircraft you can fly in the game. We fly CFS1 only and our major competition is an allied squad called the AAC. Stop by our Web site and visit our forum. Download some CFS1 stuff. And maybe join us in a game or a training exercise.

JG57 Website

ACC Website

JG57_Rall

i have the 3 of them, i like 3 better, but the only thing i do not like st that the put the best allied planes, even some experimentals like the ascender, but the put the germans in the true historic situation, unreliable engines lack of acceleration,

Hi Me-262,

I still favor CFS 1, for the reasons I mentioned above. As to historic, M$ made the least historic game of it. Sorry but you are misinformed about unreliability and acceleration. The Fw-190 series was the fastest prop aircraft in the conflict in Europe. The 109F and G were more than a match for allied spits, hurrys and ponys. M$ made the German aircraft to be less then they were in performance because of political correctness. Evidenced by the removal of the tail swastika on the german planes and the poor flight characteristics of the German aircraft. M$ could not build a game where the allied forces might be defeated.

We at JG57 have assembled aircraft from the finest designers in the hobby and constantly strive to bring our aircraft closer to the true flight characteristics of the various aircraft models we fly in multiplayer combat.

As to the Luftwaffes defeat in WWII it was due to supply problems and bad decisions made by the leaders of Nazi Govt. If the planes were the junk M$ made them out to be, The war would not have lasted so long and the Luftwaffe aces would not have had such high kill scores. My name sake had 275 victorys. What allied ace even had half as many?

Here is a link to a page on the 190, read some of this and then rethink your statement about the German aircraft.

FW-190 Info

Rall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back