cfs modding (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Jug Rules!

Airman 1st Class
Dec 1, 2004
Hattiesburg,Ms
I have recently gotten back into playing cfs 1 and 2. I finally figured out how to get imported aircraft to work. I just wanted to ask does anyone know how to modifiy the airfiles and dp files in cfs 1. I have a hurri2c with cannons, but it flies like crap. I wanted to mount the cannons on a hurri mk1, but wanted to increase the maximum speed.

Me neither. Im not any expert on this but perhaps if you went to a dedicated CFS site with forums the people on there may have more of an idea. Good luck 8)

Reply To The Jug Rules!

If your still looking on how to modify your files, reply here I'll post to you how to do it...

Reply To The Jug Rules!

If your still looking on how to modify your files, reply here I'll post to you how to do it...

Attachments

• jjgs_master_p-47_003__164.jpg
    jjgs_master_p-47_003__164.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 186
Reply to >>> The Jug Rules!

I'm assuming the Hurri-Mk1 is from the default install, you know where files are as you are able to import aircraft.

OK, you said this was a CFS-1 aircraft. I do not know what Hurri-Mk2c you have. So in this case we will do a "dirty mod". This will directly import the flight charastic of the Hurri-Mk1 to the Hurri-Mk2. If this is not satisfactory I have more 'tricks', but I figure we should start with the 'easy way'.

Be sure CFS-1 is not running!
From within your root CFS-1 directory go into the aircraft folder:

1 -Copy from the folder of the Hurri-Mk1 Hurricane_I.air
2 -Place the copied file into your Hurri-Mk2 folder.
3 -Rename the origional Hurri-MK2 .air file by replacing the .air with the
following "_airBkUp"
4 -Rename the Hurri-Mk1 Hurricane_I.air file to exactly the name used
for the origional Hurri-MK2 .air file by copying everything in front of
the underscore you added in step 4, paste it in front of the .air
5 -Go flying

Let me know how this works for you, or if you have problems. Things can go wrong. If they do, restore your origional .air file (deleate your newly created headake, then remove the underscore the letters BkUp we added. Then put back the . before the letters air).

Attachments

• hurriprotectthoesforts_01_527.jpg
    hurriprotectthoesforts_01_527.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 177
  • jjgs_time_to_fly_hurrimk2c_000__112.jpg
    jjgs_time_to_fly_hurrimk2c_000__112.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 171
  • hurriprotectthoesforts_04_175.jpg
    hurriprotectthoesforts_04_175.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 179
I did that already and it worked, but I wanted to modify the Hurri mk1 file to make it as fast as the mk2c.

Would you also know how to add imported aircraft to the quick combat list so you can fight them? I have been dying to shoot down some '262s.
I also wanted to add aircraft to campains.

I did that already and it worked, but I wanted to modify the Hurri mk1 file to make it as fast as the mk2c.

You need an air file editor, or a Hex editor.
Attached you will find a .zip file with a Christmas present, as you probably don't have an air file editor, or a Hex editor.

I will post QC help for you later...

Attachments

• hurricane_2c_air_425.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 58
  • timetofly_015__jjgscfs-2_p-38lo_avg__134.jpg
    timetofly_015__jjgscfs-2_p-38lo_avg__134.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 170
Does anyone know how to add more torque to the models? Is it something to do with the "torque scalar" record, found on .AIR files?

Best Regards

Hi JonJ,

CFS 1 and CFS 2. I probably have to reduce the damping profiles to actually see any kind of torque effects. I'm using AirEd, but I still have look into it in depth.

Best Regards

...Good luck!!! Once in the air, torque is really not part of the math... As an experminent try this...

In you target '1-engine prop' aircract .cfg create, or enter the following if not there... After this Free fly your 'target'.

[piston_engine]
power_scalar = 9.9

[propeller]
thurst_scalar = 0.1

Oh the fun you will have taking off...

Take the same aircraft to quick combat... Find the 'monster' torque'... What torque?

Seems that when multi engine aircraft pull in a direction after being dammaged, is a factor of 'thrust' as opposed to torque.

PS > If you find a way please share!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back