China Rocket to Make Uncontrolled Re-Entry

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never post before your cuppa children!

I'm sure that our most admired ringleaders will correct the boo boo....and put them in the right thread!
And we have a winner in the oops I posted in the wrong thread contest.

Why move them they are funnier here, though I've copied them to the right thread…

Predicted re-entry is some where close to midnight my time. I plan to be outside waiting to see if it re-enters where I can see it. Since virtually everything made in China is crap, why should their rocket be any different? Once they finish their space station, when they use it will it pop like a Chinese inner tube?

Expected re-entry time on ABC World News. I'm going to keep checking that web site since it won't be actually known until a couple of hours beforehand.

The stuff they push on us is garbage because they know we'll buy it - their native material will be a higher quality.

And their rocket falling where-ever on the planet is something they could care less about. People will complain and shake their fingers and the PRC will shrug their shoulders and go on about doing their thing without a second thought.

At this site we do not tolerate political discussions so take this as a warning

FLYBOYJ

I had noticed earlier posts, but I didn't want to raise the issue because I didn't want the thread shut down. I have no animosity towards Chinese people -- I just wish they'd had a bit more responsibility when launching rockets into space. It's nice to learn from other's mistakes (we made our share too)

Well spoken - political discussions can be done on Facebook, not here.

In 1995 and 1996 PRC space boosters carrying US built commercial satellites impacted in populated areas and casualties resulted. The worst one was on 14 Feb 1996, in which the rocket lost attitude reference at liftoff and could not be destroyed - the Chinese had installed a destruct cut-out period to prevent it from falling on valuable facilities - and devastated a village near the launch base.

Skylab was not supposed to re-enter. But NASA forgot that the Earth's atmosphere expands outward during heavy sunspot periods. A plan was formulated to dock a rocket stage with it and boost it higher but that could not be done in time.

Two different things! what has a SpaceX rocket exploding got to do with controlling one on landing?

Look, you can say what you like, doesn't change things. They have the technology today to guide rocket pieces to enter the atmosphere and burn up within a given area, they've been able to do it for a while now. Do you know what this is?

0307 FAST Chevaline

How do you think a space launched vehicle gets to find a point on earth with reasonable accuracy?

It is just modern anti China politics that I dont want to get involved in. It is only 22 years ago that a probe to Mars was lost because various teams within the project used different units. A generation ago I was involved in the same nationalistic arguments in my job. There were continuous complaints that "foreign" meaning Japanese companies were "dumping" low quality pipes on the USA market. The fact is that if the USA wants to build a sub sea oil or gas transmission pipeline no USA manufacturer can meet the quality standards only the Japanese and Germans can and I have worked at the factories that do it. I have personal experience of this, on a purchase order I coordinated, placed to US Steel, the tally lost was provided by the forwarding (rail shipment) company, who got some people to walk up the rail wagons writing down the numbers of pipe, length weight, and heat number to make a list. This is behind any QA/QC system used by any aircraft or aero engine manufacturer in WW2. The pipe manufacturer themselves could not provide any record of pipe number to heat number or final length and weight, that says they do not operate any QA/QC system at all, but still demand protection from low quality imports.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread