'Cliffs of Dover' Leak - Real or fake? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pong

Staff Sergeant
Sep 2, 2007
Manila, Philippines
I'm skeptical about this, but apparently the box art for 1C's upcoming flight sim has been leaked. And looks like it won't be called Storm of War anymore. :(

IL-2-Sturmovik---Cliffs-of-Dover_113507.jpg

IL-2-Sturmovik---Cliffs-of-Dover_113506.jpg

If this is real, I'm really put off by the box art that says "Internet Connection Required to Activate Game" If it is just to activate the game, fine by me. Though if you need to stay online everytime you play it, then I'll pass.

The SimHQ sub-forum for Cliffs Of Dover (yes, the name has been changed!) had this quote from Oleg from the 1c 'banana' forums:
Hi folks,
First of all I would like to say about incorrect information of release date and image of package, leaked by some way yesterday: Official press release (announce) probably will happens on the next week.
About current version progress: shots are done using pre-holidays version. Team is working over the new version. More news - next week.

There is so much speculation and noise at the slightest whisper of this game....it really is difficult to distinguish what is good solid information and what is bullsh**.
I did see quite a few comments about the "internet connection required" and I'm very interested in that myself. Whether it will be necessary at each start of a session or just the first time you install to validate the game. Someone made reference to another Ubisoft game that settled on the latter as a DRM solution and I'd certainly be okay with validating my game when installing.

I just hope they make some announcement about the system specs; minimum and god-like, that you'll need to run this game.
Regards,
Derek

Given how long it's been since SOW was announced and how that still hasn't come out, I'm not holding my breath.

They can call it anything they want but I'll pay attention when they call it "On Sale".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back